Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

the only person that ever did that with my phone was my 12 year old niece. Luckily she didn't scroll long before I took it away from her.

Yes, it IS bad manners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 02:10 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
I agree. Bad manners.

Wow, a thread on a topic that everyone agrees on!

Old 12-10-2014, 03:35 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,006 times
Yes, bad manners. Just because I show you one picture, doesn't necessarily mean you need to be seeing OTHER pictures -- if you know what I mean *wink*

Old 12-10-2014, 03:36 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I agree. Bad manners.

Wow, a thread on a topic that everyone agrees on!
LOL. The rarest of City-Data threads! (And I agree too).

Old 12-10-2014, 04:14 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
It happens way too often, it's beyond rude!

Old 12-10-2014, 04:43 PM

575 posts, read 1,468,151 times
Yes, very very bad manners. I don't let people hold my phone anymore when showing them photos because they just can't resist swiping. I don't have anything in my photos that I'd care if other people saw but they don't know that and I think most people have at least 1 photo they'd find inappropriate for others to see. I mean, if someone handed you their camera and said check this pic out! Would you go through the whole camera?

Old 12-10-2014, 04:55 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Let's say someone hands you over their cell phone to take a look at a particular picture they want to share. Is it okay to then start scrolling through all the other pics they have on their phone before returning the phone back to them?
NO! It is not okay!

Old 12-10-2014, 05:53 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times
Sure, bad manners. HOWEVER - anybody handing their phone over to somebody else to look at more than a single picture is inviting bad manners and should be prepared for it. Some people will scroll, this is going to happen. Otherwise don't let go of the phone.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:37 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Personally, I wish people would stop showing me photos on their cell phones. The photo is rarely as interesting to me as it is to them. The most annoying are people who bring an entire group conversation to a screeching halt while they search for the particular photo they want to show.

I had some relatives visiting recently and they drove me mad with this. Every conversation had to be illustrated with their photos. "We went to Boston to see our grandson graduate from college." Out comes the generic photo of a young man I don't know from Adam in a graduation gown. His face is smaller than the size of my pinkie nail on that tiny phone, so I don't know any more about him than I knew before I saw the photo. "We had a great time taking the kids to see Santa." I know what Santa looks like and I can't even see your kid's face in that bad photo.

Perhaps I get this more than most people because I'm not on Facebook, so I haven't been subjected to their photos there. Or maybe I'm just a curmudgeon, but I don't want to see your pictures, scrolled or in the singular, unless maybe you met the president or your house got blown over by a tornado. Or if you go to Italy, I'll ask to see the photos. Honest, I will, as long as we're alone and it's not monopolizing a group conversation.

It made me think about my dear old dad. He had a brother he almost stopped visiting because every time we went there uncle had to show his grainy home movies. I remember Dad yelling once, "I was AT that parade! Why do I have to watch it again in black and white??"

Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
Quote:
Surprised someone would have to ask. Of course it's bad manners.
This is exactly what I thought (can't rep you again yet, Jay). Why would anyone even consider looking at things you weren't invited to look at is anything but really bad manners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships