Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 05:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
So I moved out of a homeless shelter and now I'm living in transitional housing for women. I only have one roommate and the house is better than living in a shelter, but they roomed me with a lesbian and I'm not gay so this makes me uncomfortable getting dressed and undressed and primping because it's basically like having a guy as a roommate. It doesnt help that she sprays on a pint of stinky, heavy men's cologne in the room and stinks up the room.

I'm thinking of buying a room divider but I can't afford it. The spaces open in two other rooms are uncomfortable and really narrow so I chose to just endure it until I can get my own place. Bit I don't know how to tell her that the cologne stinks like ammonia and she uses too much of it and it bothers me, especially because Im a woman and I dont want my belongings and fabrics, clothes and coat and bed linens smelling like ****ing men's cologne, especially cheap stinky cologne.

I dont see how gay women, who are more like men they want to be, are allowed to be roomed with straight women. Its no different than having men around because they are sexually attracted to other women, and that makes me uncomfortable in the same private space.
Does your transitional program offer any type of counseling? If so, maybe they could help you get over your homophobia.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:43 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
There is that double standard hypocritical shove a certain way of life down peoples throats. But oh man.....you MUST except me, but I won't except how you feel crap.
You may believe, Atalanta, that you will be excepted by me every chance I get.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:59 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
How do women grow out facial hair....???

I understand the occasional long stray, but is that "growing out" facial hair? Or simply not plucking a stray?

OP, you have options. You can choose to move, dress elsewhere, etc. You have excuses why none of those will work. Then stop complaining.

This is TMI, but since you asked, I have hormone issues that cause me to grow thick facial hair. I also have light skin, so it can look pretty icky if I don't do anything about it. It's one of my main complaints about my appearance because it is so persistent. It really messes up any kind of feminine impression I want to give if it isn't dealt with thoroughly.

Check out this website for more information: Guide to Hirsuitism and Excessive Hair from Channel 4 Embarrassing Bodies, Health, Conditions, Female, Hairiness, from channel4.com/bodies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships