Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmellia View Post
@convextech what attitude? no really... (Er, you know when I'm saying life advice, it's people telling me I should be a doctor or nurse because, get this, my attitude seems suited for it. Despite the fact I'm in law school. People say whatever they want to me, without thinking. Like I said people think I'm laid back and 'too nice' just because I don't jump to negative conclusions.) I don't take it out on anyone, honestly, how did you get that? (Actually want to know)

What I'm getting out of these answers is therapy and anger management. I'm open to therapy. However, anger management probably actually requires me to feel emotions beyond being mildly pissed. I exaggerated to get my point across, which I now regret, but I know what it feels like to be angry, this is annoyance. And only that because it's happened to me my entire life and did not stop when I reached a mature age as I previously expected.
I guess I don't see anything insulting about the bolded? Are you saying equating you to a nurse or doctor is the same as saying you're ditzy and don't have common sense? I'm not really sure exactly what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 10:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,053,260 times
C'mon people. Look at her username CHARMellia.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 AM

18 posts, read 21,001 times
@Lilac110

Okay... but they were recommending pharmacy schools... and scholarships... but I clearly wasn't interested... I'm pretty sure they were asking me to go to a medical school, ma'am.

Tentatively: I just told you it's annoyance, why would I even lie about that? It's an anon forum, for the express purpose of soliciting accurate advice. Also, it's difficult to get me actually angry. I cry easily because I have high expectations of myself and when I fail them I feel emotions of frustration. People have straight out told me out of nowhere that I'm 'so laid back,' when I clearly disagree. That's the problem. I don't think my super secret rage that you are telling me I have is the issue. Really, it's more of a sighing issue. Minor, but annoying. If people know me long enough, for years, then they give me more credit, even my parents when they actually saw me working/studying. Adurps.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
C'mon people. Look at her username CHARMellia.
Yeah! I realized how that looked after, but it was the name of my charmander.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:36 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,053,260 times
Quote:
Yeah! I realized how that looked after, but it was the name of my charmander.

This thread is aTROLLcious.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post

This thread is aTROLLcious.
Thank you, strange person.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:40 AM

@ocnjgirl
No, that was just brought up when I said I wanted to be a lawyer. I don't think badly of the medical profession, but it was rly unsolicited. Also they thought my temperament was not suited to be a lawyer, and I should therefore I guess drop out of law school on their earnest advice. Because I was..... nice.

Okay let's just assume a prima facie case that the problem exists where everyone assumes I am very laid back and rly nice and little-kiddish, but in reality I am fully capable of going through life without unsolicited opinions about everything from my clothes to my job. How do I appear as a person who you do not heap mounds of "Aw, let me take care of you" on?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
People have straight out told me out of nowhere that I'm 'so laid back,' when I clearly disagree.
Oh, I think most here would disagree, too.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:47 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Super smart people can easily lack common sense.

Seems like you are one of them since several people already pointed it out.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, I think most here would disagree, too.
Good. How do I translate this onto my face? How do you do it?

@oh-eve

Ok. I'm not sure what this means, plz clarify.

In the past, when someone asked me to place things or do things I thought about many variations, and when I asked to clarify, people would call me stupid and call the correct option common sense. So I assumed they were correct, since it was a majority opinion. Then later we were taught these variations of thought in school, and it was supposed to be amazing or something. And then after a few tests and stuff they started calling me genius!!! president!!! Also inaccurate. So I'm putting common sense down as a social grace?

Last edited by charmellia; 12-19-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships