Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:32 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,239,527 times

Advertisements

There was this one professor I had in college who always had this one piece of spit between his top and bottom lip. And when he would talk, it would stretch but never break...so I spent the entire class every class watching the stretchy line of spit expand and contract and expand and contract.

Distracting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 08:00 AM

7,987 posts, read 5,363,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Do you ever get distracted by a person's grooming habits?
Yes. There is this nice guy at work. He is overweight--fine with that part. He dresses so sloppy. I get it, he doesn't want to do anything for his large beer belly--he could wear a vest or something to cover it up, or at least iron his shirt. I also think he does not wear clean clothes everyday. Plus, he has a missing tooth. We have excellent dental insurance at our Company--so really no excuses not getting it fixed.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:22 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,023,296 times
The Kids's eternal struggle to hold on to their pants, is distracting to me.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:00 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,664,032 times
People that get that goop on the sides of their mouths as they're talking....like that white stuff that accumulates on the sides of their lips....is absolutely repulsive to me. In fact, it makes it physically difficult to converse with them because I am so sickened by it. . . . *gags

Old 01-02-2015, 10:55 AM

2,340 posts, read 1,388,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Badly chipped nail polish is a serious turn off for me. It basically makes about 80% of women nearly undateable. If you can't maintain your nail polish, just don't wear it.
Same here. I appreciate the effort...but please maintain.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:58 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,646,830 times
I have a few!

General
Out of control eyebrows, ear hair, nose hair, plaque on teeth, hair growing out of top of nose (!). These can be found in a mirror easily. Saliva in corners of mouth. Grease around mouth. Food in beard. Rancid butter smell from animal fats lingering on face.

Feet

If you go to put on flip flops and you see sock fuzz or dirt stuck under your toenails, just PLEASE put shoes back on until you do something about it.

All feet are biologically capable of smelling bad. But there is a difference between hiking-all-day feet and people whose idea of washing their feet consist of letting whatever drips off in the shower take care of it. I can handle 3 guys' adventure gear in a SUV after a long day. I can not handle the girl in my college law class who popped off her shoes--no socks--every single day, letting this nauseating, humid, rotten stench out. Go away.

Body Odor

I am a very active guy, have active friends, do a lot of hot weather outdoor activities, and I understand that people who sweat for several hours in the sun (sometimes for more than one day at a time in a desert) are not going to smell the same as someone who just stepped out of the shower.

BUT:

I would rather smell zero-deodorant body odor on a person who hasn't showered for three days, over the ghastly cocktail of anti-perspirant and body odor or body spray and body odor. Or fabric softener and body odor. Fragrance lingers (some seemingly forever) and that includes whatever other odors hitch a ride. Two years of built up anti perspirant on a shirt smells like pit sweat + spring breeze. I'd rather actually just chance a close encounter with the odor rather than smelling that mixture of odors that cover dispersed for 50 feet from the person.

Armpit odor: In my experience, there are two types of people. 1) Onions; 2) Other. "Other", smells like rose petals compared to that god damned onion smell that some people get. See above about fragrance + armpit smell problems. Don't know why there are the two types, don't care. The onion people really screw up the gym. I think they must need to change supplements or something.

Curry: Not offended by people who smell like it, but just remember that eating it might make you smell like it.

Obese women with mildew/swampy smell: While I understand the challenges that obesity must create for washing, I do not want to know which part or parts create this smell. Because no person's underarms smell like this.

Hats. Guys: If your hat smells like yesterday's chicken grease, wash it. Better still, throw it out and start over. Thanks!

Eating

I could care less if you don't understand the difference between forks, as long as you at least use them.
Some things to avoid:
Licking fingers.
Chewing with mouth open.
Talking while chewing.
Smacking food.
Slurping drinks.

Bathroom
That fan switch exists for a reason; so does the flusher.
Men: Your dink can be aimed, so do it. If you can no longer see your dink, that's a different problem that needs to be addressed.

I have more but maybe another day.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:22 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,534,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
The Kids's eternal struggle to hold on to their pants, is distracting to me.
LOL I had the chance to get my payback on this

My son used to wear his pants like this as a teenager (this was 1996 or so). Once he was washing the dishes and I came up behind him and yanked his pants up so hard his feet left the ground. He didn't get hurt or anything, he was like "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......!!!!" bwahahahaa

Now he's married and has a 2 year old son to deal with!

Old 01-02-2015, 01:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,023,296 times
I usually am tempted to pull it down and liberate their misery

Old 01-02-2015, 03:15 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,499,856 times
Balding men who do the 'comb over' and think it hides their baldness.

God help them when a gust of wind blows it out!

Old 01-02-2015, 03:24 PM

460 posts, read 1,001,205 times
Women who leave the house with wet/greasy looking hair. Women with really long hair. Women with long wet/greasy hair. Men with long hair. Men with long nose hair. Women who don't wear make-up. Men who try to grow facial hair but don't really have the ability to do so. Fat women who flaunt their big boobs because they think it makes them look sexy and hides the extra 200lb they are lugging around. Men who smell like Axe body spray. Cheap shoes. Shoes that are dirty and unclean/unpolished/poorly maintained. Facial piercings. Women with visible tattoos. Artificial fabric. People with dry/cracked skin. Dry elbows. Dirty teeth. Body odor. Women with facial hair. Men with long beards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships