Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,171,407 times

Advertisements

It's weird that he hasn't even wished you a Merry Christmas or happy New Year via text. Heck, even my ex-SO clicked the acknowledgement on the e-card I sent him and typed in a Christmas wish. Unless this guy is in traction or pushing up the daisies, there's really no reason for him not to send you a text.

If he gets the gift and doesn't acknowledge it after you know that it has been delivered, I would call him and ask. He may not pick up, but at that point, if he doesn't, and he doesn't thank you, I'd write him off as a jerkface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 04:11 PM

39,034 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Ah, good point. Maybe he's avoiding you because he didn't get you a gift.
Actually, we talked about this. I told him I would send him and his kids some Christmas gift but please don't send me anything because I had a lot of stuff and I planed to leave. (move to another city)

On Christmas day, he sent me a text message saying Merry Christmas. I was in my friend's house and called him next day. He ignored me. I waited several days and called him again on New Year day, still nothing. I left a message saying "If there was anything wrong, please let me know." No response.

We are not best friends, but we do communicate daily. (at least every other day) The only reason I could think of this is that his kids were disappointed because I told him I would send a very specific gift that could only be found overseas.

Well, with two ignored phone calls, I would just have to move on.

I am not going to lose sleep over this, but sure, I am confused. It is okay at this point.

Thank you.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,094,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Actually, we talked about this. I told him I would send him and his kids some Christmas gift but please don't send me anything because I had a lot of stuff and I planed to leave. (move to another city)

On Christmas day, he sent me a text message saying Merry Christmas. I was in my friend's house and called him next day. He ignored me. I waited several days and called him again on New Year day, still nothing. I left a message saying "If there was anything wrong, please let me know." No response.

We are not best friends, but we do communicate daily. (at least every other day) The only reason I could think of this is that his kids were disappointed because I told him I would send a very specific gift that could only be found overseas.

Well, with two ignored phone calls, I would just have to move on.

I am not going to lose sleep over this, but sure, I am confused. It is okay at this point.

Thank you.
Gosh, if I based my friendships off not having contact for one week, I wouldn't have any friends. You are obviously not ok, or you wouldn't be posting here. You need to chill for a few more days or another week. Maybe call him one more time to make sure he got his gift.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It's weird that he hasn't even wished you a Merry Christmas or happy New Year via text. Heck, even my ex-SO clicked the acknowledgement on the e-card I sent him and typed in a Christmas wish. Unless this guy is in traction or pushing up the daisies, there's really no reason for him not to send you a text.

If he gets the gift and doesn't acknowledge it after you know that it has been delivered, I would call him and ask. He may not pick up, but at that point, if he doesn't, and he doesn't thank you, I'd write him off as a jerkface.
Thank you Lilac.

Yeah, that is what I am going to do.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Gosh, if I based my friendships off not having contact for one week, I wouldn't have any friends. You are obviously not ok, or you wouldn't be posting here. You need to chill for a few more days or another week. Maybe call him one more time to make sure he got his gift.
If you talk to your friend on daily basis and all of sudden, he or she disappeared on you, you would question too.

I ask a question, doesn't mean I am not okay. sheesh.

If anybody asking a question on a public form = not okay, everybody should just check into a mental hospital already.

This is NOTHING but a question. Nobody needs a lecture here.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:31 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,599,205 times
Quote:
Happy New Year to you too.

Actually, I was just trying to figure out what are the other reasons why I was ignored. Nothing more, nothing less.

That is why people are here on the forum, kill time and connect with each other.

Those who sound so angry, I have no idea why.

Thank you for your advice.
I understand what you are saying, but in a situation like this, it could be many things that only he can say. Just don't waste anymore of this brand new year worrying about it, but I'm will to bet you that whatever it is, has nothing to do with a late arriving gift. Focus on the good friends that you still have and the people you love and love you.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I understand what you are saying, but in a situation like this, it could be many things that only he can say. Just don't waste anymore of this brand new year worrying about it, but I'm will to bet you that whatever it is, has nothing to do with a late arriving gift. Focus on the good friends that you still have and the people you love and love you.
Thank you ipaper.

I valued his friendship, still do actually. That is why I figured I would start a thread and see how others had to say.

You are right, it is waste of time because only he could answer this question. I would just move on at this point. I am sure he will receive the Christmas gift. It is okay if we no longer communicate.

Happy New Year to you and thank you.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:49 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,832,234 times
Yes I agree with you that he is avoiding you. He is in a relationship now & doesn't have time for friends. You need to take a hint & stop tracking him. His priorities have changed.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:53 PM

3,100 posts, read 2,045,513 times
Quote:
The only reason I could think of this is that his kids were disappointed because I told him I would send a very specific gift that could only be found overseas.

You previously omitted this very important detail. You have to deliver, and on time, any promises and commitments involving children. He doesn't want to talk to you right now and there may be nothing you can do to fix this.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:55 PM

7,985 posts, read 5,357,046 times
I am sorry this has happened to you. I hope there is a good outcome at some point.

I had a similar thing happen to me. Having contact with a friend everyday, then suddenly being ignored. (To be honest I had seen him do this to others in the past. How could it possible happen to me?)

Besides being confused, I was heart broken. It took me awhile to move on.

I hope you at least find out the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships