Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 12:11 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

I have a lady friend who I been best friends with since 2000 and we both love football so much but not the same teams. She likes the eagles and I like the Cowboys and she is not up for talking when her team loses especially to my team. So her team was knocked out of the playoffs by my team, Dallas on dec 21st and she has not text me or called me at all since that time. Now my team is still playing and what I am wondering is if she is waiting for Dallas to lose and then call me the next day all of a sudden after not hearing from her in almost 3 weeks. And I believe if that happens I will have to end the friendship because I am sick of her being immature and can't talk like an adult when her team loses. I mean she turns 35 in 3 weeks and still acting like she is 13 which is really making me not want to talk to her anymore. I am upset when my team loses too but I don't shut the world out because they lost and not call anyone. So it would be a shame for our 15 year friendship to end because of her childish behavior.

I guess some would consider me childish too but not really because I can talk after a loss but she cries and blocks everyone out once the eagles lose and Im sick of it. And I know she has a live in boyfriend but that did not stop her from contacting in Mid december when her team was winning. And I guess I am really bothered by the fact that she didn;t call me or text me to say happy new year. So that's why if Dallas loses on Sunday and she calls suddenly on Monday, I will have to delete her number and move on. I thought about answering the phone and saying........."I have nothing to say to you" and hang up. But I think I will just ignore her and cut her out my life because I am not going into another football season next year with her and her childish behavior. So is this petty of me?

Old 01-07-2015, 12:17 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
And I know she has a live in boyfriend but that did not stop her from contacting in Mid december when her team was winning.
I'm with you all the way, except I don't quite understand what this means

Old 01-07-2015, 12:23 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times
Honestly, it seems to be a kind of an overkill? Lol. Football makes a lot of people nuts. I guess if I were you, I'd tone the relationship down during football season (like keep it via text only and be neutral). It she asks why, just tell her you can't handle the football drama on her end.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'm with you all the way, except I don't quite understand what this means
She does not talk to me as often as she used to because she lives with her boyfriend.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I let lnkpoe View Post
Honestly, it seems to be a kind of an overkill? Lol. Football makes a lot of people nuts. I guess if I were you, I'd tone the relationship down during football season (like keep it via text only and be neutral). It she asks why, just tell her you can't handle the football drama on her end.
And i was teasing her through text back in November when her team lost and she responded with...."f. You"

I let that slide. Lol

Old 01-07-2015, 03:20 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
My Liverpool FC supporting friend married her Chealsea FC supporting boyfriend. If these two can make it work - trust me - anyone can. Even people of diametrically opposed religions can have relationships work too.

It sounds like your relationship is not actually ending over football - but over relative maturity levels of which football is only the expression.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:50 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
I don't understand obsessions with teams or caring whether one wins or loses. Living in Denver, the cult surrounding the Broncos absolutely mystifies me.

I'd look at whether this is the only area that she is immature and irrational in. If it IS the only area, then I'd overlook her antics and stop talking football with her. If she's like this over other subjects and areas of her life, then I'd think about distancing myself.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:17 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
And i was teasing her through text back in November when her team lost and she responded with...."f. You"

I let that slide. Lol
There you go! Bad enough when your team loses without somebody rubbing it in.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:47 AM

997 posts, read 1,060,503 times
Have you texted or called her since Dec 21?

Old 01-07-2015, 06:56 AM

1,914 posts, read 2,241,772 times
Do you really want a friend like that? Seriously, it's just a game. She sounds like a big baby. Make some new, more mature friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships