Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,041,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries9999 View Post

Me: A week before my birthday party- you asked me what a real friend is. If you were my real friend, you wouldn’t get annoyed and you wouldn’t threaten to block me.
You’re a social climber. You try too hard to be fashionable and beautiful- like a model. Stop trying to be something you’re not.
Go see a psychiatrist again- you crazy girl. You need your medication again. Take lots of it and become fat again, hahahaha. I like to see you get fat again. I like to see you get fatter than you were last year. Hahahahaha.
What a nasty thing to say to someone you are friends with and who trusted you with a secret. Are you confused--or ashamed?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-15-2015 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: Fixed a technical glitch in the quote.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,838,159 times
Wow, too many letters. I don't understand the subsequent posts from the OP.

OP, you sound like a difficult/high maintenance friend. For the kind of relationship that it is, she actually sounds pretty nice and kind.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:38 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,023,488 times
WOW! To me this a very immature thread... of course I am probably much older than the OP and the respondents. I will tell you OP that a true friend is someone who sticks around through the good and the bad and each of you in the relationship truly like (love) each other no matter what the other's faults (except transgressions that are immoral and for the most part illegal). I will tell you what I tell my children, if someone causes you more pain than happiness, it is time to get them out of your life.

I have great experience with bipolar disorder, and OP you need to do some research and learn about it. This disorder is lifelong and not curable. It can however be maintained with the right type and dosage of medication. If you are not in it for the long haul, for the highs and lows of a bipolar person's plight, then it might be you who are not the "real friend". Think about that. It doesn't make you a bad person if you can't handle all that comes with being a friend to a person with this disorder. It is a normal friendship at times and a trying ordeal at other times. If you can be patient and forgiving, but still stand your ground...then be a friend. If not, then move on.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:40 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,503,755 times
Quote:
Me: A week before my birthday party- you asked me what a real friend is. If you were my real friend, you wouldn’t get annoyed and you wouldn’t threaten to block me.
You’re a social climber. You try too hard to be fashionable and beautiful- like a model. Stop trying to be something you’re not.
Go see a psychiatrist again- you crazy girl. You need your medication again. Take lots of it and become fat again, hahahaha. I like to see you get fat again. I like to see you get fatter than you were last year. Hahahahaha.
As much of a confusing mish-mash as the poster's story is, the above tells us all we need to know. I actually respect her honesty in posting this, it's refreshing in a forum where so many try to present a one-sided story. OP, there's hope for you. We all behave stupidly and say things we regret. What matters is that we acknowledge and learn from these lapses.

Quote:
I feel confused.
Of course you are. Here's the thing: You're no friend of hers by any definition of the word, she was more than justified in asking you to stop and threatening to block you.
The best thing you can do for both her and yourself is to accept that you were totally in the wrong. Don't beat yourself up over it but move on, resolve to behave better in future interactions with others, and then forget the whole incident.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 01-15-2015 at 01:49 AM..

Old 01-15-2015, 06:50 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,704,038 times
Think they are Filipinas. In any case, the maturity level is that of 16 year olds.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And by making friend with E, do you mean on the computer?

Maybe you should try and interact with people in real life(I know a strange concept).
Exactly. There are so many threads about anger and misunderstandings via Facebook messages, emails, and text messages it's ridiculous. If people would just meet in person or call each other they would understand what the other is saying

Old 01-15-2015, 07:52 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,653,485 times
Quote:

September 29, 2014 10:28 pm
Me: what does this mean in english, (E just posted this on J's facebook wall yesterday): Hello ga..musta nman??ga OJT nka?pamalita pud..haha! naa tuod nag regards nimo nga die hard kaayo nimo..I guess kaila nka..ahaha! pansina sad cya ga kay ako ga awayon..ahaha! ka luoy bas ginikanan nya..ahaha! pansina cya ga ha..ahahaha

Huh? I think I need my decoder ring to translate.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:03 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,022,276 times
Has the OP been checked for any mental illness? I'm sorry but this whole post is intelligible and moronic. If it wasn't for the graduating part I'd assume they were teens. I have a FB account and the whole like/dislike drama is ridiculous.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:20 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,598,703 times
Mean girls on facebook.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:33 AM

214 posts, read 280,588 times
Sounds like 2 bi polar people spending too much time on facebook. Get out more and get another dude. They're like buses (a new one comes every minute).

seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.