Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 08:24 PM

894 posts, read 1,049,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
If he wants to parents I don't know what I'll do but I'll deal with that when I get to that point. If he's willing to step up maybe it won't be that bad?
I would just be prepared for the worst. Many guys say they'll step up, then when the reality of impending parenthood hits they bail or else they jump ship once the new-baby euphoria wears off. If you decide to keep the child, you should probably expect to raise him/her as a single parent, especially considering you're not in a committed relationship with the father.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I don't diet at all I tend to eat as much as I can. I just don't like eating fast food too much because it kind of disfigured me. But since I'm pregnant im actually eating even more I can't really get full really. I wish I could eat all you can eat sushi right now because I'd really get my money's worth right now.

I also already tested I'm 5 weeks from last period.
First you were 7 days late. Then you were 5 weeks pregnant. I called you out on that. Now you are 5 weeks from your last period.

First you were BMI 15. Now you are BMI 18.

First you weren't even friends with the father. Now you're not sure if he wants to parent, implying that he's part of your life.

If you're going to make up stories, at least be consistent.

Folks, I'm giving this one a 4, and only for persistence at that. Otherwise, it would be a 2.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:09 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
I would just be prepared for the worst. Many guys say they'll step up, then when the reality of impending parenthood hits they bail or else they jump ship once the new-baby euphoria wears off. If you decide to keep the child, you should probably expect to raise him/her as a single parent, especially considering you're not in a committed relationship with the father.

I think now is the time to talk to the father. There is no reason to wait. If you're sexually promiscuous (as it seems that you are), then don't be surprised if he is stand-offish and says that he isn't the father. If you know for a fact that he is, let him know that and tell him that you'll happily take a paternity test as soon as possible. Apparently, you can take one at 8 to 9 weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/he...anted=all&_r=0

I think you need to know his opinion of it all before you start making too many plans in any direction. Plus, it's only right. If I had a potential kid out there, I'd want to know about it. (I'm a female, but you know what I mean.)

Edited to Add - I wasn't talking to the poster who I quoted. The post just inspired me to post what I did. Obviously, I am talking to the OP.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Moderator cut: closing

OP has received some good and valuable advice in this thread. (Good luck with whatever you decide about your baby).

However the thread seems to have run the course and is degenerating into name calling and chatroom type posts meaning it is time to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships