Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 07:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
There is no register for servers at most restaurants like the chains Chili's, Applebee's, Outback, etc.

What you see is them printing out their check out from the computer. That's all you see, I guarantee you that. It's a *****COMPUTER*********, NOT A REGISTER WITH MONEY IN IT! You don't know anything about restaurants, do you? Ask any server, they'll tell you.

Read up:

UnderCover Waitress: Bring Your Bank

I am not too emotional about it since it's THEFT! I live on principles and morals.
I live on principles and morals too but I don't always jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts .... Even if what you say is true that your server from years ago deliberately took that 31 cents from you, that does not mean that you need to be suspicious of all servers. Most servers are honest working folks who are trying to earn a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM

393 posts, read 306,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I live on principles and morals too but I don't always jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts .... Even if what you say is true that your server from years ago deliberately took that 31 cents from you, that does not mean that you need to be suspicious of all servers. Most servers are honest working folks who are trying to earn a living.
How is it jumping to conclusions if someone is missing 3 coins that's it's an honest mistake, huh? Also, as I said, for him not to just give us 2 quarters to make up for it to forfeit his own 19 cents to me says A LOT about the selfish thief he was. It is extremely RARE to have a check that is with NO CENTS. So why can't you look at that and tell me that you can't agree on at least that check amounts are usually not exact dollars with no cents?

I should be suspicious of everyone since people do scam people, so you have to look out for yourself. If that means testing everyone so be it. The one's that pass will have a good tip. The ones that give us over the change will get even more tip to show they were nowhere near selfish even more so. The ones that steal get nothing. When you are too trusting, you get scammed.

As far as what you are saying, we have encountered others that have done us wrong on purpose. One waitress that was doing poorly I reported to the manager mid-meal, gave her the coupon, she stapled the receipts(credit card and check, but didn't bill it right on the credit card). When I told her it was wrong, she didn't apologize, which it was I believe around $5 difference.

Another waiter was mad, because we just got bar drinks, so throughout the service he favored the other tables which the other table he favored actually had a check amount smaller than ours since I saw they only got 2 burgers and 2 soft drinks, which I got 3 margaritas and we both got 2 soft drinks a piece me and my husband. Anyway, he charged us for some named drink we didn't order. I told him about it, when I got the manager to talk with him about the bad service, our waiter came up and said "I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU ORDERED." Can you believe he said that when he was OUR WAITER THAT TOOK THE ORDER? BS!

Another waitress, the queso on the menu was $3.99, but on our check was $4.99. We ordered it as it came, no changes to it. So I tell our waitress, she at first was flat out refusing to fix it saying that the newer menus didn't come out. I had to tell her that how she'd feel at a store that she wouldn't speak up if something on the shelf was a $5, but was charged $6 when she got to the register? If she was a good, honest waitress, she would have **TRIED** to find this issue and not put it on her customers. Also, she wouldn't have refused to get a manager to fix it either and she would have apologized.

I mean really, you think most people are honest, most of these servers are SELFISH AND LAZY. I have plenty of other bad experiences I can tell you about money. I don't feel most are honest. Some have lied to our faces about who was at fault about issues like "Why did the cook plate 2 sets of beans" when it was obvious when she brought it out that the item was supposed to have rice even if the cook plated 2 beans.(she rung it up wrong and overcharged us as well for an extra set of beans thinking bbq sauce was "BB" on the register). The thing is, how was that "HONEST" to blame the cooks? She's not blind or illiterate that she cannot read the menu and written order to see what the item is supposed to come with.

A lot of servers I don't feel want to make an honest living, because they are too lazy and selfish to do so.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Eat at home, Springs1.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Eat at home, Springs1.
I won't, too bad, too sad. I am not telling you what to do with your life, you don't tell me how to live mine control freak!

Old 01-27-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
How is it jumping to conclusions if someone is missing 3 coins that's it's an honest mistake, huh? Also, as I said, for him not to just give us 2 quarters to make up for it to forfeit his own 19 cents to me says A LOT about the selfish thief he was. It is extremely RARE to have a check that is with NO CENTS. So why can't you look at that and tell me that you can't agree on at least that check amounts are usually not exact dollars with no cents?

I should be suspicious of everyone since people do scam people, so you have to look out for yourself. If that means testing everyone so be it. The one's that pass will have a good tip. The ones that give us over the change will get even more tip to show they were nowhere near selfish even more so. The ones that steal get nothing. When you are too trusting, you get scammed.

As far as what you are saying, we have encountered others that have done us wrong on purpose. One waitress that was doing poorly I reported to the manager mid-meal, gave her the coupon, she stapled the receipts(credit card and check, but didn't bill it right on the credit card). When I told her it was wrong, she didn't apologize, which it was I believe around $5 difference.

Another waiter was mad, because we just got bar drinks, so throughout the service he favored the other tables which the other table he favored actually had a check amount smaller than ours since I saw they only got 2 burgers and 2 soft drinks, which I got 3 margaritas and we both got 2 soft drinks a piece me and my husband. Anyway, he charged us for some named drink we didn't order. I told him about it, when I got the manager to talk with him about the bad service, our waiter came up and said "I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU ORDERED." Can you believe he said that when he was OUR WAITER THAT TOOK THE ORDER? BS!

Another waitress, the queso on the menu was $3.99, but on our check was $4.99. We ordered it as it came, no changes to it. So I tell our waitress, she at first was flat out refusing to fix it saying that the newer menus didn't come out. I had to tell her that how she'd feel at a store that she wouldn't speak up if something on the shelf was a $5, but was charged $6 when she got to the register? If she was a good, honest waitress, she would have **TRIED** to find this issue and not put it on her customers. Also, she wouldn't have refused to get a manager to fix it either and she would have apologized.

I mean really, you think most people are honest, most of these servers are SELFISH AND LAZY. I have plenty of other bad experiences I can tell you about money. I don't feel most are honest. Some have lied to our faces about who was at fault about issues like "Why did the cook plate 2 sets of beans" when it was obvious when she brought it out that the item was supposed to have rice even if the cook plated 2 beans.(she rung it up wrong and overcharged us as well for an extra set of beans thinking bbq sauce was "BB" on the register). The thing is, how was that "HONEST" to blame the cooks? She's not blind or illiterate that she cannot read the menu and written order to see what the item is supposed to come with.

A lot of servers I don't feel want to make an honest living, because they are too lazy and selfish to do so.
Sounds like you have had lots of negative experiences while dining out. Perhaps eating out isn't such a great idea for you ... How can you actually enjoy a meal when you are constantly suspecting a server of being dishonest and trying to scam you? I personally would never eat out at restaurants that employs people that I feel are lazy and dishonest.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
How can you actually enjoy a meal when you are constantly suspecting a server of being dishonest and trying to scam you?
Because I enjoy it until check time which is at the end. I also don't know if they are going to lie about who's at fault like that waitress I would have expected her to say "Sorry about that", not "I don't know why the cook plated 2 sets of beans." I expect people to be honest, but a lot are not.

Quote:
I personally would never eat out at restaurants that employs people that I feel are lazy and dishonest.
Just about every restaurant has people like that. You can go once get a good server, another time get a bad one. It's not the restaurant, but the person that serves you if they are honest or not.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Because I enjoy it until check time which is at the end. I also don't know if they are going to lie about who's at fault like that waitress I would have expected her to say "Sorry about that", not "I don't know why the cook plated 2 sets of beans." I expect people to be honest, but a lot are not.

Just about every restaurant has people like that.
Then I don't understand why you continually spend your money supporting restaurants that employ "dishonest" people. I could never in a clear conscious support a business that have dishonest people working for them. It's a matter of morals and principles for me.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Then I don't understand why you continually spend your money supporting restaurants that employ "dishonest" people. I could never in a clear conscious support a business that have dishonest people working for them. It's a matter of morals and principles for me.
Because you get good ones as well in the bunch, DUH!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Asking if we want change gets on my nerves but not as much as it used to. Maybe I'm getting a bit used to it. Whether it's a way to entice tips, or save another trip back to the table to cut down on time... who knows? But I'm not shy about telling them yes, I want the change.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Asking if we want change gets on my nerves but not as much as it used to. Maybe I'm getting a bit used to it. Whether it's a way to entice tips, or save another trip back to the table to cut down on time... who knows? But I'm not shy about telling them yes, I want the change.
I don't feel it's as bad as KEEPING the coins though. I'd rather them ask than steal it. It still gets on my nerves though, because it shows how LAZY they want to be. They are showing "I don't want to do the MOST for my money to earn a BIGGER TIP."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships