Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:39 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times

Advertisements

I was a freshman in high school and wearing a cute full skirt. I tumbled down the steps and landed almost bare bottom up with a group of senior boys at the bottom. Luckily this was before thongs came out.

I actually wasn't teased too much, and they all knew my name after that.

Last edited by Meyerland; 01-28-2015 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 02:55 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
I was painting my kitchen nude with a plastic bag on my head and goggles. My back door was closed but not locked because I was expecting my husband to return from picking up our lunch. When I heard a knock "I said why are you knocking, just open the door and come on in." Of course, it was a delivery man! While I was attempting to jump down and put on my robe, I accidentally stepped on a stove burner which I didn't even remember being on (electric stove). I fell to the floor screaming in pain and embarrassment and the can of paint fell and splashed all over me. The delivery man turned and hightailed it out of there.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:14 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I was painting my kitchen nude with a plastic bag on my head and goggles. My back door was closed but not locked because I was expecting my husband to return from picking up our lunch. When I heard a knock "I said why are you knocking, just open the door and come on in." Of course, it was a delivery man! While I was attempting to jump down and put on my robe, I accidentally stepped on a stove burner which I didn't even remember being on (electric stove). I fell to the floor screaming in pain and embarrassment and the can of paint fell and splashed all over me. The delivery man turned and hightailed it out of there.
Thanks for the laugh!

Old 01-28-2015, 03:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Once, years ago, I was going to Mass at a Catholic student center with friends. There had been a time change for the service but we didn't know it. The three of us walked in, and walked behind the altar to our seats as it was a very casual set up. Everyone was looking at us, but we didn't know why til the priest announced that Mass was over.

Another time I was on a first (and, as it turned out, last) date with a guy and fell flat on my face, for no real reason. There wasn't anything obvious to trip over, but I tripped anyway.

I've worn shoes that didn't match to work before.

I know I've embarrassed myself too many times to count but those are all I can recall at the moment.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:57 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I was a freshman in high school and wearing a cute full skirt. I tumbled down the steps and landed almost bare bottom up with a group of senior boys at the bottom. Luckily this was before thongs came out.

I actually wasn't teased too much, and they all knew my name after that.
Lol!

You reminded me of this time I was wearing a really cute sundress that buttoned all the way up the front. My SO and I had stopped in to a convenience store. The line went to the side, and this woman in line in front of us kind of turned and looked over at me and gave me kind of a sneery once-over. I was thinking, What's her problem? When we got into our car, I saw that my dress had unbuttoned in the front from my sternum down to my abdomen, several buttons' worth. I suppose it could have been worse. I just don't understand why the woman in line didn't tell me. Did she think it was a fashion look I was going for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
It would have been nice if he had stayed to make sure you were okay! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Once, years ago, I was going to Mass at a Catholic student center with friends. There had been a time change for the service but we didn't know it. The three of us walked in, and walked behind the altar to our seats as it was a very casual set up. Everyone was looking at us, but we didn't know why til the priest announced that Mass was over.

Another time I was on a first (and, as it turned out, last) date with a guy and fell flat on my face, for no real reason. There wasn't anything obvious to trip over, but I tripped anyway.

I've worn shoes that didn't match to work before.

I know I've embarrassed myself too many times to count but those are all I can recall at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wIRVpDzaM8

Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llep View Post
+1

That might be a great separate thread all by itself. "Embarrassing Things You Did While Drunk". I know I would have a few contributions!
Oh man... my drunk stories are epic and mortifying. On par with "The Hangover" except I lacked the tiger in my hotel room. Tis why I don't drink anymore.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Oh, I am obsessively careful on escalators. Don't even talk to me until I'm safely on or off.

EDIT: Lol, how did I type "elevators"? Corrected to "escalators." (See? I was just clumsy and embarrassed myself right there. lol)
lol! I didn't see "elevators"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol!

You reminded me of this time I was wearing a really cute sundress that buttoned all the way up the front. My SO and I had stopped in to a convenience store. The line went to the side, and this woman in line in front of us kind of turned and looked over at me and gave me kind of a sneery once-over. I was thinking, What's her problem? When we got into our car, I saw that my dress had unbuttoned in the front from my sternum down to my abdomen, several buttons' worth. I suppose it could have been worse. I just don't understand why the woman in line didn't tell me. Did she think it was a fashion look I was going for?
haha! similar experience, except with my boss, lol .

I wondered why he was answering me practically staring at the ceiling, thought "so weird...." kinda gazed down and turned about 10000 shades of red
I just wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:22 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
OMG ... I forgot about the one and only time I wore that wrap-around skirt ... Was in line with a friend at Starbucks when a guy comes up to me and tells me quietly that my skirt is open

LOL! Just remembered a time when I was the admin assistant to a sales manager. He was telling me about the sales call he was heading out to when I noticed his fly was open. I told him "um Mark, your fly is open" ... He hurried and zipped it up thanking me then said "What are you looking at my underwear for?!" Then he picks up the phone and told our receptionist that I was looking at his underwear! LOL! That man was a nut! I still laugh about that incident!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:08 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
And another one: In the 90's I used to do aerobics at a Y and the teachers were two men who were volunteers. They alternated days. One of the guys was awful. He could not keep time to the music, he couldn't think ahead about what he was going to do so we did the same thing over and over and he often had us do things that were dangerous.

One day I was complaining in the dressing room and ranting about "that little guy who can't keep time to the music." Can you guess who I was ranting to? Yes, his girlfriend. I didn't find that out they were a couple until weeks later. To her credit, she was very gracious and never said anything to me about it.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:17 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol! I didn't see "elevators"....

haha! similar experience, except with my boss, lol .

I wondered why he was answering me practically staring at the ceiling, thought "so weird...." kinda gazed down and turned about 10000 shades of red
I just wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it.
Yeah, but I'll bet that promotion came in handy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
OMG ... I forgot about the one and only time I wore that wrap-around skirt ... Was in line with a friend at Starbucks when a guy comes up to me and tells me quietly that my skirt is open
Chivalry exists! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
LOL! Just remembered a time when I was the admin assistant to a sales manager. He was telling me about the sales call he was heading out to when I noticed his fly was open. I told him "um Mark, your fly is open" ... He hurried and zipped it up thanking me then said "What are you looking at my underwear for?!" Then he picks up the phone and told our receptionist that I was looking at his underwear! LOL! That man was a nut! I still laugh about that incident!
Sounds like a fun place to work. Nice perks, too. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships