Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:21 AM

6 posts, read 7,068 times

Advertisements

I have a best friend who was there for me when my boyfriend abused me, he was the type that pushed me away and brought me back because he wasnt sure if he wanted me. Now she is in a situation where she is cheating on her husband and constanly lying to both her husband and lover. Similar to her past affairs..After a year and change The husband and lover found out and even met and shook hands. They both want her badly. I feel like i have supported her trying to help her decide. I told her let both of them go and start over fresh, With out lying. Or choose one who makes you happier.I told her to go to therapy i sent her links from pyhcology sites that might help her decide, i tried to speak with her husband trying to give him advice to make her happy. That didnt work.
I covered for her so her husband would think shes with me and not with the lover. I watched her dog when she left the country to be with the lover. I told her to be honest atleast with her husband since shes with her lover. She accused me in the past that i might of told her her husband about the lover. She complains about one then complains about the other. I support her complaints ect ect..This has been going on for 1 year and a half. I feel she exaggerates more latley. Sometimes i feel shes even lied to me about really small stupid things. Ive told her i dont like that my best friend constantley lies to her guys causing all this drama...Every time i see her shes stuck to her phone messeging her lover while i wait almost an hour for her to finish , only for her to go back to her phone again. Supposibly every day is a break up. We barley have gone out and the 3 times we did she ditched me to go out to the car or corner only to leave me alone for more than an hour fighting through messsages with lover and or husband. So latley i avoid going to her place .
Bascily Im kinda tired of her complaining then going back to the lover or husband . I feel like its exshausting me . Its the ONLY topic.
I understand shes torn between her husnad who she "loves" and has a good job between her lover who is a good lover and has fun. I beleive she dosnt love neither of them but its all about her insecurity of losing her husband and living a poor life with the lover. ( I ve told her this) She recently told me i show no empathy and im not a good friend.She told me Im mean to her and dont support her like she supported me through my crisis. I told her thats not true and i have supported her 1 year 1/2 however i do not approve of what shes doing, I told her to wake up for her own good. I told her Im honest with her and i wont push her head deeper in the sand. Nor will i praise her for beeing a lying cheater.
I beleive im a good friend an honest one. Do you think Im too harsh and not empathetic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 07:46 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylene01 View Post
I have a best friend who was there for me when my boyfriend abused me, he was the type that pushed me away and brought me back because he wasnt sure if he wanted me. Now she is in a situation where she is cheating on her husband and constanly lying to both her husband and lover. Similar to her past affairs..After a year and change The husband and lover found out and even met and shook hands. They both want her badly. I feel like i have supported her trying to help her decide. I told her let both of them go and start over fresh, With out lying. Or choose one who makes you happier.I told her to go to therapy i sent her links from pyhcology sites that might help her decide, i tried to speak with her husband trying to give him advice to make her happy. That didnt work.
I covered for her so her husband would think shes with me and not with the lover. I watched her dog when she left the country to be with the lover. I told her to be honest atleast with her husband since shes with her lover. She accused me in the past that i might of told her her husband about the lover. She complains about one then complains about the other. I support her complaints ect ect..This has been going on for 1 year and a half. I feel she exaggerates more latley. Sometimes i feel shes even lied to me about really small stupid things. Ive told her i dont like that my best friend constantley lies to her guys causing all this drama...Every time i see her shes stuck to her phone messeging her lover while i wait almost an hour for her to finish , only for her to go back to her phone again. Supposibly every day is a break up. We barley have gone out and the 3 times we did she ditched me to go out to the car or corner only to leave me alone for more than an hour fighting through messsages with lover and or husband. So latley i avoid going to her place .
Bascily Im kinda tired of her complaining then going back to the lover or husband . I feel like its exshausting me . Its the ONLY topic.
I understand shes torn between her husnad who she "loves" and has a good job between her lover who is a good lover and has fun. I beleive she dosnt love neither of them but its all about her insecurity of losing her husband and living a poor life with the lover. ( I ve told her this) She recently told me i show no empathy and im not a good friend.She told me Im mean to her and dont support her like she supported me through my crisis. I told her thats not true and i have supported her 1 year 1/2 however i do not approve of what shes doing, I told her to wake up for her own good. I told her Im honest with her and i wont push her head deeper in the sand. Nor will i praise her for beeing a lying cheater.
I beleive im a good friend an honest one. Do you think Im too harsh and not empathetic?
And you are still friends with and supporting this woman, why? I think it's time to get VERY honest and tell her that you can't deal with her drama anymore. She needs to help herself and you need to get away from a toxic relationship. The men in her life aren't too smart putting up with all that either. What's so great about her that both of them will accept what's going on? Why is she so special to you?

I don't think you're "harsh" enough...

Old 02-05-2015, 07:55 AM

well i do love her she is my best friend... We have a lot in common everything but the infidelity.... I mean i have my life and its going well but i regret to say i feel she trying to make me feel guilty just like she does with her guys...

Old 02-05-2015, 07:58 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
some people just like drama, like to grip but never change a situation. this is your friend in a nutshell. you either need to not get emotionally involved or stop hanging around.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
well i do love her she is my best friend... We have a lot in common everything but the infidelity.... I mean i have my life and its going well but i regret to say i feel she trying to make me feel guilty just like she does with her guys...
Just because she is your "best friend" she has no right to burden YOU with HER stupidity. If you really want to stop hearing about it you need to put your foot down...hard. If she is YOUR best friend she'll co operate. If not, then she doesn't care one whit about you. Tell her to get a therapist or, I guess, you could charge her $100 hour to listen to it.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Just because she is your "best friend" she has no right to burden YOU with HER stupidity. If you really want to stop hearing about it you need to put your foot down...hard. If she is YOUR best friend she'll co operate. If not, then she doesn't care one whit about you. Tell her to get a therapist or, I guess, you could charge her $100 hour to listen to it.
hahahah thats a good one, Thanks!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I told my best friend, after 5 years of supporting her...simply by listening and
saying "Awww." That... ok...if you don't leave him...I just can't
listen to this for another 5 years. (3 children with him hoping
he would marry her...
while he ended up moving in with a different woman...he would still come by!)
He was quite the charmer...he had a power!

She did wake up after that and put an end to it. (By moving to Hawaii)
Tuff love.

Tell your friend that if she was in a situation like you were...you
would support her....bec I think you would...that might help.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I told my best friend, after 5 years of supporting her...simply by listening and
saying "Awww." That... ok...if you don't leave him...I just can't
listen to this for another 5 years. (3 children with him hoping
he would marry her...
while he ended up moving in with a different woman...he would still come by!)
He was quite the charmer...he had a power!

She did wake up after that and put an end to it. (By moving to Hawaii)
Tuff love.

Tell your friend that if she was in a situation like you were...you
would support her....bec I think you would...that might help.
Did she ever accuse you of being mean to her or not supporting her? Did you try to help her stop?

Old 02-05-2015, 08:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Did she ever accuse you of being mean to her or not supporting her?
Did you try to help her stop?
After 5 years...no she didn't accuse me of being mean.
And sure, I did more than say, "Aww."
And I did say, After all this time you never 'do' anything I offer as solutions...I just
can't hear you suffer...and yet never do anything about it! (After all these years, ya know.)

She was smart basically...so she got it...never blamed me, no.

I wonder if you just said, "Hmm" Or "Gee that must have been hard.."
Then, ignore her....then another...."Oh yeah?"...
More turning away looking at a magazine.

See how that works. This way you are showing boredom and disinterest
without putting her down in any way. Just to see..

Old 02-05-2015, 11:24 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
I need to respect my friends. Do you respect this woman? Does she respect you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships