Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:21 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but your flat sounds disgusting by your own description. You're kidding yourself if you think it's not unhygenic. You have gum, sauce and crumbs laying around for weeks/months, a backed up sink, and a cooktop that's been cleaned once in a year. How is that hygenic?!?!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 04:27 PM

723 posts, read 868,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I'm sorry, but your flat sounds disgusting by your own description. You're kidding yourself if you think it's not unhygenic. You have gum, sauce and crumbs laying around for weeks/months, a backed up sink, and a cooktop that's been cleaned once in a year. How is that hygenic?!?!

I don't lick the gum, sauce or cooker tops, and the crumbs etc. were a few days old max. although theyr'e replenished regularly. Unhygenic would be mouldy food etc.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
I don't lick the gum, sauce or cooker tops, and the crumbs etc. were a few days old max. although theyr'e replenished regularly. Unhygenic would be mouldy food etc.
Then what do you want us to say?

The majority of people who have replied to your description agree that your conditions are not healthy. You apparently would only be horrified if there were a dead body under the bed.

You want us to say, 'Wow, your dad is a jerk!" I won't do it because he's right.

Live how you want, but don't be surprised when others are repelled by it.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:37 PM

723 posts, read 868,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Then what do you want us to say?

The majority of people who have replied to your description agree that your conditions are not healthy. You apparently would only be horrified if there were a dead body under the bed.

You want us to say, 'Wow, your dad is a jerk!" I won't do it because he's right.

Live how you want, but don't be surprised when others are repelled by it.
Well I was trying to judge how many people think the same as my dad. I genuinely don't see a problem with this place most of the time, and when I do, I tidy it up.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:39 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
My opinion is that the OP must have very little self-esteem or self-respect to be willfully living in those conditions. Most of us grow out of the "dirty living space" faze shortly after college.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:40 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Wow. I just don't even know how to reply to this.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:54 PM

172 posts, read 180,831 times
Quote:
I genuinely don't see a problem with this place most of the time, and when I do, I tidy it up.
You hear this a lot on those hoarder shows.

I know you said you are in a long distance relationship. Has your SO seen your living quarters in this state?

Old 02-18-2015, 05:02 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Your father's feelings are his own. Let him have them.

How you live is your business. You can be as messy as you like.

If you are a hoarder, that is something entirely different. You could be like me. I don't get upset or really care if a piece of paper or some clothes sit on the floor for an extended period of time.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:07 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaPig View Post

I know you said you are in a long distance relationship. Has your SO seen your living quarters in this state?
I was wondering the same thing. Would a SO ever want to have a meal or sit on your couch or horrors of horrors want to sleep in your bed if your apartment was in that condition?

I really doubt it. In fact, many women would dump you in a hot second if they saw your place. Perhaps that is what your dad is really concerned about.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Well I was trying to judge how many people think the same as my dad. I genuinely don't see a problem with this place most of the time, and when I do, I tidy it up.
That's fine ... For you. I see you even have your love life set up so no one has to have input on your living conditions.

When you invite other people in, though, you have to know that they will react, and you cannot control that. So as long as you never have anyone inside, you have no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships