Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 12:59 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Depends on how i am invited. If it is a facebook invite, i may not see it. If it is important, then you should send a personal message via text or email.

If it is an evite, i am more likely to see it and rsvp.

If it is paper, I will send a reply.

People are quite lax about their invites now, so it can't be surprising there are not respomses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 11:10 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
[quote=jade408;38639620]Depends on how i am invited. If it is a facebook invite, i may not see it. If it is important, then you should send a personal message via text or email.

If it is an evite, i am more likely to see it and rsvp.

If it is paper, I will send a reply.

I threw a party back in mid-January, and invited people in various ways, all of which had RSVP included: my neighbors got paper invitations passed out at their doors - most showed up after letting me know they were coming, or responded that they couldn't make it, while some friends received mailed paper invitations, while others were sent emails or phone calls. These friends were quite varied in their responses.

Those who showed up either responded verbally or by email, text, or phone calls. About a third of the no-shows let me know they wouldn't be attending. The rest - well, a few asked how it had gone when they next saw me, but didn't reply to the invitations prior to the event, while others ignored the whole thing. All email addresses were correct and current.

I had just under thirty people in attendance (capacity for my house); we had a lot of fun, and the party was a great success. But I've decided that there is no reason to continue to invite people who ignore my invitations and show no interest and offer no excuses for such behavior. Why would I want these people in my home, anyway, after such rude obliviousness? Ignore my invitations and you won't get any more. Problem solved!

Old 03-01-2015, 01:24 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
I always RSVP.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:44 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
As a kid, I've had birthday parties where a few people don't shop up. In second grade, no one showed up for my birthday party, just like Glenn.

So, please enlighten me as to why you don't RSVP to parties?
I had 0% attendance at my 7 year birthday party.

To this day I don't know if my mother really invited anyone or not, but she said she invited 'all my friends' at the time. Now she back-pedals and says she's sure she invited them but doesn't remember anymore the specific event...

I never asked for a party after that.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:22 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
We always RSVP.
Because our functions are usually pretty dependent on knowing numbers, if people don't RSVP to us, we call/text them to ask a week or two before the event. Then subtract a couple who will bail on the party day of.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:46 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,199 times
I'm too wishy-washy to RSVP to things. I always change my mind and don't like being tied down to events... if I feel like I'm being anchored to something, I'll find any way to regain "control" and my freedom.

I don't like being seen as a flake, so I don't make commitments unless I know, 100%, that I'm willing to go to an event or party. Only if I must will I RSVP, but it makes me feel more anxious and nervous when I do.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:24 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
I'm too wishy-washy to RSVP to things. I always change my mind and don't like being tied down to events... if I feel like I'm being anchored to something, I'll find any way to regain "control" and my freedom.

I don't like being seen as a flake, so I don't make commitments unless I know, 100%, that I'm willing to go to an event or party. Only if I must will I RSVP, but it makes me feel more anxious and nervous when I do.
This statement is all about you, with no consideration at all given to those kind enough to invite you. Please tell your friends not to request that you RSVP anymore, since it causes you such undue stress to have to respond one way or another - then seek help for this problem, which indicates you may very likely have other similar issues that will unnecessarily complicate your life.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:49 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:

Time to grow up.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:

Too late for that. While we're at it, add 'narcissist' to the mix.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:01 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
if I feel like I'm being anchored to something, I'll find any way to regain "control" and my freedom.

And what about the people who are taking the time to plan a nice event or outing, and who had the courtesy to want you to come, but are having trouble making arrangements because you can't be bothered to speak up one way or the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships