Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,348,841 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what others do. I know there's different blocks for different offenders on facebook. For me, I use acquaintance for the repetitive bleeding heart posts about battered animals, posts that run on with TMI, etc and restricted doesn't seem too different to me from the acquaintance setting. I just unfriended two people who I know restricted me, I don't see the value to being connected via facebook, so I let them go. I enjoy the banter with a few fun and exciting friends, I don't enjoy politically hate driven posts or pictures of steaming coffee cups with cutesy sayings. How to you censor facebook and keep it from becoming offensive, boring or worse... a 'mean girl' weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:52 AM

865 posts, read 1,483,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
How to you censor facebook and keep it from becoming offensive, boring or worse... a 'mean girl' weapon.
Probably delete your profile all together - I don't think it is really possible to control what other people are posting - some days they may be good and other days forget about it!

Old 02-26-2015, 01:03 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,250,584 times
I unfriend anyone I'm not interested in keeping in touch with. If there's anyone I do want to have the option to keep in touch with, but just don't want their posts in my newsfeed, I just hide their posts. There are two people who I haven't unfriended (because doing so would cause drama), but I have them restricted from seeing my posts.

That manages to keep my FB experience quite drama-free.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 684 times
I get annoyed sometimes especially when people are being offensive politically on FB or other social media. More so, of course, if I don't agree with their opinion LOL. I hide these people posts without necessary unfriending them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships