Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 03:19 AM

403 posts, read 557,425 times

Advertisements

I used to go to Midas to get oil changes in my car and they'd always do their little inspection and inform me of any "issues". Every single time I ever went there, they always told me that my serpentine belt needed changed. One time, I had just gotten it changed 4 or 5 days before and they still tried telling me it needed changed. I told the guy that it was a brand new one. I knew it was because I bought it myself, but the guy wanted to argue with me that it looked to be in bad shape and could break at any time and leave me stranded on the side of the road. I told him to bring my car back out because I was done with them. I left and haven't been back since, not even after our local Midas got bought by some other company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:26 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
A couple of years ago when I purchased my first home, my friend's mom sold me my mortgage. However, my realtor also gave me another guy to show me his rates since everyone said you should 'shop around.' This guy pretty much stalked me, day & night. I ended up going with my friend's mom only because the guy was so PUSHY. I told my (now) husband I felt like he was stalking me...I was embarrassed to find out he told our realtor that, who then told the mortgage guy. He sent me a card apologizing, which made me feel even more stalked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships