Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 03:54 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the rep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,816,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I am incredulous that anybody could find humor in rape. There is nothing subjective about it to the victims, or anybody with a crumb of humanity. If you want to mock Bill Cosby, go for it. If you mock the victims, you are pathetic.

How does refusing to laugh at a painful, terrifying part of somebody's history equate to seeking attention?
I'm glad you feel ready to move on, Scooby obviously doesn't. And, that's up to her to decide, not any of us.
I've said my part. I am not going to live my life trying to make sure I never offend anyone- ever, sacrificing what I enjoy, and how the eff I feel about what have you. I haven't lost my humanity, simply because I have a dark sense of humor, and yes it is subjective to the victims, most of them don't find it funny, most people didn't find Bush jokes funny, that is subjection: ones opinion on a subject of wether they like it or not. I respect your opinion that you don't find rape jokes funny, not everything is for everyone. Just something you're going to have to deal with. Some people can find humor in anything, some can't, and I'll be damned to be thought a lesser person for a differing opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships