Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 03:53 PM

82 posts, read 84,036 times

Advertisements

Yikes! About the taxidermist, I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 04:31 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisa12 View Post
Yikes! About the taxidermist, I mean.
Yeah, that was weird. But honestly? The screaming people were worse. I'm a hardcore conflict avoider, and having people fighting around me, messing with my peaceful home energy, is just not ok. Let alone if they are doing so in the middle of the night and waking me up.

I'm kinda weird/creepy myself, but my neighbors often don't know. I have certain Halloween decorations I use year round inside, like skulls and eyeballs and gargoyles, and I have a giant Vigo (from Ghostbusters II) poster in my living room. He's pretty creepy. And lots of GWAR stuff. It's like the "mullet haircut" of homes, normal on the outside, freaky on the inside. Or something. (As opposed to "business in the front, party in the back." Yeah.)

Old 10-23-2017, 04:38 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
He's dead now, but for many years we had a crazy neighbor in rural Utah. He was paralyzed in a car accident, and to get back at the OTHER neighbor after a falling out, he'd place his catheter bags (used) along their common fence. No one would do a thing. Not any gov't entity.

He was 86'd from everywhere in town and owed everyone money. No one misses him.....

Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 PM

82 posts, read 84,036 times
Ewwwww! Yeah, I can see why no one would miss him!

Old 10-25-2017, 06:52 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
We have two females living next door to us. They are lesbians, which is no big deal, but the man of the house, so to speak, is just weird.

We were packing up our CRV early one morning, quietly so as not to rouse the neighbors from their slumber, I have my head in the cargo area and she (he?) sneaks up behind me and hollars "going somewhere?" I totally would have shot her if I had my pistol on me. Totally weirded me out.

Good thing my trucker son was staying at the house in our absence. I told the neighbor not to mess with my son while I was gone.

I brought her a mini-chile rista and have yet to get a proper thank-you for my gift to them.

The next time we went out of town, we packed the car in the garage.

Those two gals are just flippin' weird.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:24 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,960,789 times
We moved back to the area a few years ago and needed to rent until the lease on our house was up. We rented the same house for a little over 2 years. We lived across the street from this guy and his wife. The guy was friendly but the wife not so much. We would later find out that she was his 2nd wife and she moved out soon after we moved into the neighborhood. In a span of a couple of months, guy runs for a local office and finds wife #3. He proposes to her in grand fashion with a flash mob at a local place and there's a write up in the paper about it. We move out and back into our house a couple of miles away. I'm reading the paper about 4 months later and find out that the guy was arrested and charged with crimes against children. I read that his divorce from wife #2 was finalized (he proposed to wife #3 before he was actually divorced)and she is the one that actually turned him to authorities. He later ended up taking his own life in a field not far from where my husband worked.

A child on my child's sports team had his house burned down by a neighbor kid last year. The neighbor kid who clearly had issues was upset about something one of the other kids living in the house had done and set the house on fire. Thankfully everyone was at work/school and the FD was able to get the dog out but the house was a total loss.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:29 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,896,747 times
I had some really bad neighbors when I was growing up but that was years ago

I live in a townhouse with 3 connected units.

One of the neighbors isn't that great. It's a woman in her 30's with a whole brood of kids (3 of 'em) and she has an off-and-on again boyfriend. When the boyfriend is there, they argue and scream at each other...right on the front porch or out back in the common area. A few times it was so loud that the police were called...and nothing ever happens in this town

She screams and swears at her kids, when she can be bothered to watch them. They pretty much run wild all over the place and have torn up the townhouse they live in as well as destroyed the new gutters and plantings the landlord put in. The kids just leave their toys all over the yard and common area.

The landlord had kind of neglected the grass last summer and one of the kids had left his scooter in the grass. When the riding mower went over it...we'll just say that the landlord is still p*ssed off about the cost to replace the mower blades.

Extra points for classiness because they toss garbage on the ground and either us or the other neighbors end up picking it up because we don't want to live in a garbage dump.

They had a cat and didn't keep the litter box clean so kitty pooped outside of the box one day and the woman put the cat out of the house and abandoned it Managed to find a good home for her though. This woman shouldn't have kids or animals...grrr

The neighbors on the other side are okay. They are a retired couple and say "hi" and "bye". They are kind of stuck up and go on and on about how their Toyotas and iPhones are better than our Fords and Samsung/LG. I don't let it get to me and laugh it off. DH gets more irritated with it than I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships