Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 11:03 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I have a convicted Pedophile in Neighborhood. Really creepy guy has a Van and is always peeping. Cops always complain about him. Asking kids for directions.

His latest he "converted' to Islam and at certain times of day you have to kneel and pray wherever you are. That usually is near an elementary school or playground. Always his parole officer is around at Holloween parked in front of house to watch out and make sure he does not snatch another kid.
If that was in my neighborhood, I'd make sure that my son carries a knife with him all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 11:28 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
There was a creep who lived across the street from us whose shower was directly in front of a regular window as opposed to a bathroom-privacy window. All of the block, from children to senior citizens, would have to see this guy's junk at least once a day when going about their business. The truly outrageous thing about this matter was that neighbors complained to this guy regularly (the steam/fog from the hot water didn't obstruct the view), but sadly to no avail.

More recently, a crazed neighbor had swat called on him for making a serious threat to another neighbor.

Both are gone now, thankfully, and haven't been replaced.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:59 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
There was a creep who lived across the street from us whose shower was directly in front of a regular window as opposed to a bathroom-privacy window. All of the block, from children to senior citizens, would have to see this guy's junk at least once a day when going about their business. The truly outrageous thing about this matter was that neighbors complained to this guy regularly (the steam/fog from the hot water didn't obstruct the view), but sadly to no avail.

More recently, a crazed neighbor had swat called on him for making a serious threat to another neighbor.

Both are gone now, thankfully, and haven't been replaced.
Sounds kinda like this guy. It's truly amazing the cops can't do anything about him.

The neighbor with no clothes on; police say no law broken :: WRAL.com

Old 03-17-2015, 12:00 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
If that was in my neighborhood, I'd make sure that my son carries a knife with him all the time
The guy is an ex golden gloves boxer who is a pretty scary dude. His dad used to molest him as a child and later as he got older he would draw other kids back to their house to be molested. His father was killed in Jail by other inmates than as an adult he finally spent ten years in jail. He is in his mid 50's.

While he was in jail for the decade his Mom lived in the house and over time folks with kids bought near house not realizing anything was wrong as it was just and old widow living there. Well he gets out of jail goes back home and since he is like 55 and born in that house he was there before the neighbors and even the nearby parks and daycare.

He now hunts kids when they turn of legal age and only stares at the younger ones. He is really creepy. The two cheapest four bedroom houses in town by far are right next to his and have been on the market for years.

if you go to family watchdog you can look up who lives near you. Quick look on the site shows I have 18 of them within two miles of my house. Punch your address in and see what real creeps live next to you.

National Sex Offender Registry - Family Watchdog

Old 03-17-2015, 12:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
We've seen our neighbor across the street twice in nine years. We have no idea when he comes and goes. The house, in an otherwise well-to-do neighborhood, has an overgrown front yard and visible disrepair to the roof. We always joked that the man had his elderly mother in the freezer and was cashing her social security checks.

Last Spring, I come home to a couple of fire engines, a paramedic, and several police cars parked in front of the house. As it turns out, the guy's dead mother was indeed petrified in the back bedroom and that some family friend or distant relative had prevailed on the police to do a safety check. Later, a police officer came over to ask what we knew about this guy, which was next to nothing. I asked him what the house was like inside, to which he replied, "It's the worst I've ever seen in my life."

We've gotten a couple of calls since then from realtors wanting to have the property taken by the city in eminent domain, but we haven't seen any signs of actual activity. Trust me, we'd love to see something happen with it.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:26 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Sounds kinda like this guy. It's truly amazing the cops can't do anything about him.

The neighbor with no clothes on; police say no law broken :: WRAL.com
That is insane! The guy in that article is even more infuriating than my former neighbor was, though both are disgusting creeps for sure.

I'd be OK with the law changing to empower the police to act in such a situation, so long as the law imposes a high enough level of intent requirement for convictions under the law. After all, I wouldn't want the police to be able to take action against innocent, inadvertent "public" exposure via someone's window.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:18 PM

125 posts, read 169,949 times
Who's the "creepy neighbor"- ME! OMG- I had an incredibly embarrassing moment that I am sure put me on the "weirdo list". Get this: I am not working- just a stay at home mom- and I used to wear hubbies pajama bottoms around the house or just to check our mailbox or quick run to the laundry in our complex in a "Multi Unit Dwelling" at the time (condos, you know, those apartments you can buy?) anyway- I was wearing a particularly worn pair of his ASU pajama bottoms with a big tshirt for a top- went downstairs to do a load of laundry, stopped to talk to one of my friendly male neighbors. He kind of looked at me "funny" then avoided me like the plague. I brushed if off, did the laundry and came back in and later when hubby came home he said "have you been wearing those horrible PJs all day? There is a huge RIP in the back- Look!" I. Was. Mortified. There was a giant tear in the rear end, so large the material was just flappin' in the wind. I am now certain this poor friendly neighbor thought I was some kind of creep! Oh my gosh.. sooo embarrassing.. I never wear PJs out there again EVER.

Can you IMAGINE? ps I am not one of those who wears PJs in "public" I thought in here at the complex was kind of pushing it- but now, never! street clothes only. Sheesh!

Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 PM

124 posts, read 186,336 times
Default My Neighbor Toast

I lived upstairs from a family that consisted of a couple (both in their 80s), and the woman's son, who was in his late 50s.

The son was a severe alcoholic, and spent the days sitting on their back porch drinking cheap malt liquor and urinating in a bucket (too lazy to walk the half dozen steps inside the apartment). The roof of a nearby building was littered with his empties. When the bucket was full, he would dump it over the side of the porch.

The elderly couple would constantly watch televangelists, pray for the son's soul, and then go out and buy him more booze.

I came home from work about 3 a.m. once, and the paramedics were taking the son out the front door of our building on a stretcher. Why? There was no alcohol in the house, so he took a few swigs of Aqua Velva instead.

I asked my across-the-hall neighbor the son's name. He just said, "Toast." And that was what we called him from then on.

Last edited by conusmound; 03-17-2015 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-17-2015, 02:09 PM

124 posts, read 186,336 times
Default Outta My Yard!

The first runner-up was a guy who tired of elementary school-aged kids playing and trespassing on his front lawn. I looked out my window one afternoon and saw him chasing these kids out of his yard with a blowtorch.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:10 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
"Do you have weird or creepy neighbors?"

You tell me. The ones next door live on 1/3 of an acre. They have a deep back yard with a privacy fence. Because my house is the corner house, my kitchen and family room windows face their driveway and front yard. These are the rooms we use most on the first floor.

In the warmer months, which for them seem to begin about now, March, through November, (although we are in Northern Ohio and actually only about four of those months could be remotely thought of as "warm") they insist on hanging out in the driveway that faces my windows.

Yes. They - the husband, wife, their three grown sons and current girl friends or wives and grandchildren all hang out in the driveway drinking beer out of cans - with those little beer cozy things on them - and stand...in a line ....and WATCH MY HOUSE!

It's most annoying when I am cooking. They just STAND there, talking drinking and WATCHING. Laughing and looking at my house and directly at the windows.

When we first moved in, two years ago, I waved the first time. They noticed, but did not wave back.

I have Roman shades, but I really don't see why I have to keep the shades down on nice days because these creeps watch my house like a 65" flat screen.

What is even stranger is they have a semi-inground pool with decking behind that privacy fence. They may use it for an hour each day, and then they get back in line in the driveway.

I know my house was empty for a couple of years. It was foreclosed. And I know my RE agent told me that they tried to purchase it - they were going to give their smaller house to one of their sons and split my house into a two family to make a kind of family compound.

But they did not qualify for the mortgage.

I'm not sure if anger and resentment are the reason. Or if they are from a city where hanging out in driveways is common because houses are close and back yards are tiny.

Since it's St. Pat's Day (which they seem to celebrate every day) and it's 55 degrees today, and son's one and two are home with skanky girl friends and beers in hand, the line up has already begun. They are wearing shorts and tank tops and staring at my house.

Any ideas of why people might do this? We haven't said anything to them, They don't say hello or anything. Very strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships