Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:31 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,132,700 times

Advertisements

I got to thinking about this, and I think I do the same to everyone I pass, male or female. I think it's just a way of making sure that someone has passed, not changed their mind or changed course.

I may be wrong, but I think that most people check out the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 05:41 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,212,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel87 View Post
Kind of curious because makes me nervous like I did something wrong when I didn't!
It's either because you are lusciously gorgeous and they are envious as to why they don't look as good

Or;

It's all in your head and they're simply doing a sanity check to reassure themselves they aren't THAT bad.

Pick one.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:20 PM

555 posts, read 801,162 times
Your fly is down? You've got toilet paper stuck to your shoe? She's checking out your jacket because she's thinking about how good it would look on her boyfriend?

These are just jokes, of course (although I have eyed a man once because I wanted to buy a jacket like his as a gift -- no joke). In all honesty, no one here really knows why they're looking at you.

The only way to find out would be to ask those specific women (and of course, there's no way to do that w/o coming off as being full of yourself). Keep in mind, different women will look at things for different reasons - and sometimes, they're not looking at you at all (like one of the final scenes from "Swingers," when one of the characters thinks a woman is flirting with him from across the room in a diner).

Some questions cannot be answered with certainty.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,241,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Probably checking you out on the slide.
I just love this! Sort of a sly/side combo. My favorite people in the world do this stuff all the time. That's awesome!

Anyway, to the OP... Man up and ask them. Preferably with a box of donuts in your hands.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:38 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,241,826 times
Default Why do women look from the corner their eye every time when I walk by

Ooh! Wait! I want to change my answer!

"Why do women look from the corner their eye every time when I walk by?"
Because they're wondering why you keep walking by! You're creeping them out!

Old 03-16-2015, 06:49 PM

11,142 posts, read 7,893,051 times
Quote:
Not really girls try to find ways to hate guys or be paranoid themselves

We don't have to find ways.. We have lists of things that make us hate you in our little heads.
Or maybe he's staring to see if she's gonna give him the corner of the eye look and she's watching because he's staring.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:06 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,271,410 times
Quote:
Not really girls try to find ways to hate guys or be paranoid themselves
If that is your attitude, no doubt you carry yourself in a way that, however subtly, conveys that negative message. Most women become very attuned to body language as they mature. And because we come to realize, as we achieve adulthood, that there are some people out on the street who may wish us harm, we keep an eye out for potential danger. If you had a daughter or a wife you would probably want them to be this way.

You haven't said these women do anything but look, so I'd stop worrying. But perhaps if you were less contemptuous of "girls" (the way your comment indicates) maybe they wouldn't have cause to look warily at you.

The next time this happens to you, smile and then look away, so the woman realizes that you mean them no harm. Even if the woman smiles back, do not approach her. If she wants to speak to you, let her approach you.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:43 PM

3,281 posts, read 2,995,821 times
Quote:
Kind of curious because makes me nervous like I did something wrong when I didn't!
Didn't you also start a thread recently about people looking at you and thinking they were racist?

My advice is to stop thinking so much about what other people are thinking and whether or not they are looking at you. Seriously, dude, if thinking about these things is taking up even a small amount of your time, you need to figure out either why it's happening, or more likely, why you are thinking about it so much.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:16 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,683,864 times
I think maybe you are concerned about it and feeding off yourself. I get it too sometimes where I feel everyone is looking at me and then wonder if I have something hanging out of my nose. Really I'm just hyper aware and noticing people look my way. In all likelihood they don't even really see me.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:38 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,840,067 times
I'm again going for paranoia. If anyone passes me I glance, even a side way glance. If someone thinks its about them they are self absorbed or paranoid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships