Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:39 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times

Advertisements

yeah, notably by an ex girlfriend. and then I called her up drunk and got her boyfriend(wtf he has control over her, now her phone too, lol). I threatened to beat up that slimshady lookin punk. this was a few years ago.

on second thought, maybe that happened before she deleted me. I wonder if there is a way to check, I was too drunk to remember the sequence of events. oh well, she got around anyway and was a bit dull in the noggin area. good riddance.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Recently friended an expat lady on facebook then she unfriended me because our politics differ .... oh well eh ?

Unfriended my daughters b/f because of some idiotic comments he made about putting the puppy in the microwave, 2 years later still refusing to put him back on my facebook so he makes snarky comments about me, he thinks I don't see them but DH still has him on his fb, silly boy!

Silly games !!!!
Not to be rude ,but why would you have your daughters friends on your FB?

Old 03-17-2015, 11:06 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
I think it's happened to just about everyone, except maybe some hermits or cave dwellers who have no friends anyway.

Facebook - a silly waste of time. Read a book instead, or go out running. Or join a bicycle club or gym club and get some exercise socially.

Or get on city-data and spend many hours a day discussing Facebook unfriending and other social peculiarities of our time

Old 03-17-2015, 01:00 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Honestly, who hasn't been unfriended?

Old 03-17-2015, 01:03 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Not to be rude ,but why would you have your daughters friends on your FB?
He's her b/f (boyfriend), they live and have a child together. I do also have some of her friends on my fb, mostly a product of moving home a lot and keeping in touch with them and their families.

I should also edit to mention that they live in the UK and I live in the USA, we keep in touch via facebook.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:17 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I was "unfriended" in real life and never found out why.

My best friend in college and I spent a lot of time together, were in each other's wedding parties and visited each other several times when we lived in different states. This went on for about fifteen years. Then she called and said that she, and her preschool daughter, wanted to visit for a specific week one summer. She called only two or three weeks in advance. Normally, it would not have been a problem but we were almost finished building a house & moving out of our old place right in the middle of her proposed visit.

Occasionally, I still wonder about it (such as when I look at photographs from my wedding). How can you be best friends for 15 years and suddenly not speak to the other person again, without even telling them why?
That's pretty easy, actually, at least from one particular POV (my opinion, that is).

There comes a point when you've had "just about enough" with a particular "friend", partner, or what not. The day comes when they pull one more stunt, come up with one more excuse, or disrespect just one too many times.

When that day comes, as it occasionally: done. They're dead to me from that point forward. No further explanation necessary; just turn around and walk away. Relationships are a running calculation and value-proposition. Dip too far into the negative for too long, that's all she wrote.

I've done it any number of times. Never easy, but then again I'd like to think I have moral courage to make the big calls in both business and my personal life. Number of years I have known someone is irrelevant. Their excuses or comments are irrelevant. If honor, integrity, or respect lines are crossed...social lines/norms that actually matter in life...nothing more need be said. Ever.

People have done it to me. I really haven't spent much time thinking on that, either: mostly irrelevant to my happiness and day-to-day life. People are a luxury, not a requirement.

Far better than declaring war or similar, actually. That's the bright side. Hard to hate something that is dead to you, after all.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:22 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
I had two close childhood friends. One of them grew apart and basically stopped staying in touch; wouldn't come to my wedding, didn't congratulate me on having a child, didn't update me on his change of address, just zero.

The other has remained a loyal friend all these decades, came to my wedding, asks after my daughter, and we're in frequent touch. I feel we'll be friends until we die.

It makes me sad, but life goes on. I recently friended the ex-friend on Facebook, he accepted (somewhat to my surprise) and now he's just another avatar in my news feed. I'm thinking of deleting my account on FB to try and get off that time waster. I won't regret it too much, although it has been useful for finding old schoolmates and the like.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:46 PM

917 posts, read 1,383,057 times
My guy best friend (who has been my friend since we were in elementary school) came out when we were seniors in HS. He came out a few days before graduation. We used to hang out with this other girl who was a devout Catholic. Anyways, he came out to me first and I told him I supported him and to come to me if he ever needed to talk. Well this other girl wasn’t as pleased. First she was mad he told me first and second she refused to associate with us because being gay is a sin to her. She cut us both off.

A few years later, I noticed her grandfather died. I sent her a sympathy card because I knew how close she was to him & she even cared for him at one point. She messaged me on a social media site and told me she still didn’t agree with me supporting gays. Im better off without a hateful person like her in my life.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Real life with a letter...I was not aware of black issues.
I explained I also was not very aware of senior issues either or blind issues...
yup, I am dense.
I'm white and healthy, what can I say.
Oh well, she meant it with no anger...just whittling down her friends...once
was in a room with 4-5 others that had been dumped by her...but I got a letter!!
Well, one other one did, too!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:32 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
I've been unfriended for the same reasons others have said, either my political beliefs or something I said that someone else disagreed with. I don't tend to post too many things that can start an argument between friends, it's just not worth the hassle, but if someone else posts something, I will sometimes comment on their post. Got unfriended by a college roommate for not liking Rick Perry, LOL. It doesn't bother me though, I figure if someone I am friends with can't handle a differing opinion, then they aren't mature enough to be my friend, and we're both better off not being friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships