Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:48 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,381 times

Advertisements

I have been unfriended in real life by about 5 of my bros. Like a dude I hung out with pretty solidly for 8 years just stopped talking to me one day and didn't invite me to his wedding. No explanation. Stuff like that.

It makes me wish I grew up in Brooklyn or something so i'd be more up in their face about it. Instead I'm from Minnesota and we just kind of don't talk about anything.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 PM

30 posts, read 59,036 times
I was unfriended in high school. It was weird. One day we were fine and the next day she quit talking to me. We always drove to school together and that morning she didn't answer her door when I came to pick her up. That was that. I never found out what happened.

I've been unfriended once or twice on Facebook. I usually don't notice until I see that person comment on a mutual friend's page then I'm like "Hey! I haven't seen them post in a while...hmm..." lol

Old 03-17-2015, 08:19 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
I have been on both sides of the fence.

There is a woman I unfriended in real life. There are times I feel bad that I never told her why.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 PM

917 posts, read 1,384,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I've been unfriended for the same reasons others have said, either my political beliefs or something I said that someone else disagreed with. I don't tend to post too many things that can start an argument between friends, it's just not worth the hassle, but if someone else posts something, I will sometimes comment on their post. Got unfriended by a college roommate for not liking Rick Perry, LOL. It doesn't bother me though, I figure if someone I am friends with can't handle a differing opinion, then they aren't mature enough to be my friend, and we're both better off not being friends.
I'd be your friend just because we both dislike Rick Perry. I have friends on FB who think he's the second best governor Texas has ever had second to Bush

Old 03-18-2015, 03:40 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
I don't really do facebook much anymore, it ended up being everyone from 15 to 20 years ago from high school trying to oudo each other, but when I was on facebook I do remember unfriending by best friend that I grew up with, and in high school we talked every day on the phone, we grew apart in college but still talked about once a year, but the years after college changed this girl and she turned into a raging biotch on facebook. She finally crossed the line when she wrote something hateful about my picture where everyone could see it. I was totally hurt by that because I could live with not talking to her, but I would have at least liked to have good memories of our childhood, now all I can think about is how she ended up being such a hateful person.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
M6 bff since age 12 officially "defriended" me 20+ years later when she had a kid.

Totes uncool and really hurtful that she "didn't have time for me" anymore.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:38 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
My best friend from elementary and high school defriended me because I was bashing Obama - we were friends for 40 years - very odd - I tried to explain my position but she would not take my phone call - I even wrote her a letter but it was not good enough - I guess she was not really my friend.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:25 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
My best friend from elementary and high school defriended me because I was bashing Obama - we were friends for 40 years - very odd - I tried to explain my position but she would not take my phone call - I even wrote her a letter but it was not good enough - I guess she was not really my friend.
This is also why I unfriend people. If you want to bash religion or politics, go right ahead, but once you know my opinion, do not try to win me over to your side or try to explain yourself. If you keep at it, you're gone.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:49 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I have a friend with the same position as you. I warned him Obama bashing with me can't happen again. You were probably either warned or were given hints to stop yet you didn't. I find it "odd" your were surprised the friendship was terminated. I do not blame her and see her side completely.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:39 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships