Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:43 AM

15 posts, read 18,002 times

Advertisements

I'm 30 and have no real friends or associates. I guess that makes me wierd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 12:02 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
I once had a supervisor who in a moment of unusual insight said, 'I hate being alone'. I had to bite my tongue to not say, 'I know what you mean, I hate being around you too...'

Most of the people I've met in life have friends that are really superficial acquaintances, people they 'use' so they won't be alone, or to just gab or go drinking or shopping with. You can tell them by their 200+ Facebook 'friends'.

Unless I *really* enjoy someone else's company, I'd rather be alone, or with a good book. Not everyone is a social butterfly, nor should they want to be. But yes, it can be hard to meet compatible people at any age, especially after the school years. You're thrown into employment situations with people of varying ages and they're not from your neighborhood anymore, and likely as not you'll have little in common with them.
LOL

True, some people are better off being left alone. Some people like to be alone, than to suffer the company of fools, and some people are super needy and literally can't be alone. Then there are people who have a balanced life. I think having a life that makes you happy is the key

Old 03-30-2015, 04:58 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
To really answer your question honestly though, although I have a small social circle by choice, I personally would be a bit turned off if I dated a guy who had absolutely no friends or any social life at all...I would wonder if something was wrong with them, and I'd worry they would make me their whole world socially.

However, it would partially depend on your life in general...it would be the seeming lack of a life that would be the turn off, but if you were a painter or a writer and spent the days working on your craft or something I might feel differently...but if the total package were of an underachiever who plays video games etc in all his spare time and also has no friends....I'd bail in that case.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:47 PM

103 posts, read 100,688 times
I think nowadays being weird is better than being boring a little bit. No matter how you live, but never ever don't be boring..

Old 04-01-2015, 08:58 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,922,180 times
I have always been too socially awkward to really make friends. It don't bother me that much. Over the years a lot of the people I thought were "friends" were just liars and backstabbers. I don't need that in my life. My two best qualities are being genuine and my honesty. It's very hard to find similar people with such qualities.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:02 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,793,546 times
No

Old 04-01-2015, 10:03 PM

356 posts, read 365,382 times
I'm 32 don't really have friends any more they have all moved on to bigger better things. Same with family don't really see many of them now a days just the way it is, we out grow each other....I'm on my own these days.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
Generally speaking, yes, a person is considered weird if they have no friends. But really, it depends. If it's a person who is shy/nervous, then it's understandable that they have no friends. But if it's a person who is geeky, eccentric, or gives off a strange vibe, then they definitely are considered weird for not having friends.

I personally find it weird when a female has no friends. Females are naturally friendly by default. All the female friends that I have, I met them because THEY approached me. So I find it very unusual when a female has no friends. It makes me wonder if she's got issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships