Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 10:26 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times

Advertisements

Facebook is fine and Instagram is borderline, but snapchat is just too much for me. Almost EVERY picture there is an autobiography of someone's life where the person posting wants you (if it's directly to you) or the world (if its a My Story) what you are doing. I find people who send out excessive snapchats to be a little insecure. Like they have to let me/the world know that they're drunk, high, and/or overall having a better time than you. And even if they're not insecure, what frequent snap chatters don't realize is I really don't care about what you are doing right now.

I just don't like snapchat...Does anyone else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,589,304 times
So don't use it. Seems to me it is not the actual Snap Chat that you don't like. it is how your "friends" use it. So reconsider who you call friends. And don't use an app that you don't get anything of value out of.

Personally I only use one social networking platform and see no need to have more.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:04 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Just get off the social media and get out there and live life.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:53 AM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
So don't use it. Seems to me it is not the actual Snap Chat that you don't like. it is how your "friends" use it. So reconsider who you call friends. And don't use an app that you don't get anything of value out of.

Personally I only use one social networking platform and see no need to have more.
I think that's how the app is designed to be used. I haven't ever seen anyone use it any other way...

Old 04-04-2015, 09:54 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
I deleted it off of my phone because guys would send me risque pictures despite me saying no. Then they'd call me a lesbian and send tons anyway. Ewww, no thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships