Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 01:59 PM

336 posts, read 441,952 times

Advertisements

I am talking about self entitled women thay think they are all that(when they arnt), and are arrogant to boot. I cant stand just people in general like this(so that includes guys too). Last night, i was with a friend and her youngest sister(early 20s) said that her parents saved the best for last. She said this in front of my friend(who is her oldest sister) and i felt like that was disrespectful.

Why do women do this? I feel like she was saying that, to elevate her status in the room, as in, im the hottest, prettiest person here, which of course, i dont agree with. So how do you put people like this in their place? I felt like she thought she was better than all of us and it really turned me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 02:05 PM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times
She was probably joking.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:05 PM

22,585 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Sounds like you are making much more out of a simple one-liner than you should...

Old 04-12-2015, 02:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
My sister and I bust on one another all the time. Don't worry about it.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:34 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,266 times
Siblings like to tease each other. She was most likely joking.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:54 PM

50,753 posts, read 36,458,112 times
My brother and I always say stuff like that to each other (and we are 53 and 59 now, lol). Part of brother/sister is busting on each other. I don't understand why you'd judge her so harshly for it, unless you didn't like her in the first place and went looking for reasons to be offended by her (that's honestly what it sounds like to me).

Old 04-12-2015, 02:58 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Sounds like it never crossed your mind that she might have meant it facetiously. If it were me, I probably would have laughed.

Personally, I have more problems with people who are all twisted up with the idea of "respect" and people who are militantly against anyone thinking he's "better." To me, that indicates something like an inferiority complex.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:04 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
take a chill pill. sounds like she was joking. was there drinking involved when the comment was made? Next time think of a comeback instead of getting worked up over nothing

Old 04-12-2015, 03:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
I am talking about self entitled women thay think they are all that(when they arnt), and are arrogant to boot. I cant stand just people in general like this(so that includes guys too). Last night, i was with a friend and her youngest sister(early 20s) said that her parents saved the best for last. She said this in front of my friend(who is her oldest sister) and i felt like that was disrespectful.

Why do women do this? I feel like she was saying that, to elevate her status in the room, as in, im the hottest, prettiest person here, which of course, i dont agree with. So how do you put people like this in their place? I felt like she thought she was better than all of us and it really turned me off.
Interesting, I don't have anyone that I can think of that has ever done this.
Which says to me, it is not an issue or lesson to get over that I draw
to myself, thus create.
Believe me, I create lots of OTHER 'lessons' or messes I get myself into.
That just is not one of them.

So in MY situations with people/friends I ask myself..."Why did I draw this kind of person to me...
what am I supposed to be learning...what in me wanted to see this ...
this, that 'gets me irked'."**

Sometimes it is so hard because it lies in my unconscious mind.
But, one thing is for sure...MY peace of mind is the most important thing..and I find my
most peace is in being kind and not caring all that much (or letting go) in what others
do or say...hey, it's taken me decades to get here.

Another way of saying it is...."I'm swimming over to the other side of the pool where
they have brought out the Pina Coladas''...and push away...removing myself...but,
remaining happy.

Now, if she was joking...that is not the issue ...the issue is, it bugged you and why?
So, figuring out in your own self how to handle it is the thing.
And yes, resolving that she was joking is a way to drop it.

** Sometimes, I didn't need to learn anything, but to be a teacher to a person.
Now, if they resist being taught (ego-mind)...then, that was not it, LOL!
But, love has to always be in the equation.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:25 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times
You must not have any siblings yourself. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

P.s.
Way to find another way to engage in gender bashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships