Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:13 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times

Advertisements

You need to speak to the doctor he is the only who will speak to her directly and let him know that you don't appreciate her tone or her overbearing attitude towards you . She is not a very good nurse from what you are describing she sounds like a witch with a b . If anyone ever talked to my father like that when he was going through his cancer I would have told her to her face to just shut up . I told the nurse at the hospital that one time and she says "what ? , what did you say ? and I told her to shut up and not talk to my father like that . Yes report her report her report her to the doctor .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 04:19 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Tell the doc next time.
^ Agree.

We all pay big bucks for health care. You are entitled to be treated with respect.

Last edited by GiGi603; 04-13-2015 at 04:29 PM..

Old 04-13-2015, 04:24 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
next time i go there will be 5/8 so i have some to decide what i want to do

yes, phone lady this a cancer clinic for god's sake

Old 04-13-2015, 04:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,951,681 times
Unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable. If she has treated you this way, she most certainly has treated others in the same manner. She keeps doing this because she keeps getting away with it.

You need to speak to your physician as well as to the chief nursing officer.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
everyone deserves to be treated with respect and not be yelled at. I would tell her straight out next time she yells at you that you do not appreciate hr yelling at you and that this isn't the first time but you hope it will be the last. let that sink in. if she still is inappropriate tell her boss.
^^^^ this is exactly my thought

Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Sounds like everyone needs to know this. There should be a Patient Advocate available with this clinic. This is the correct person to talk to when you don't feel well enough or don't care to deal with problems with staff members.

His job is to act as a neutral go-between between you and the medical services people and to see that they are providing the services in accordance with the Patient's Bill of Rights. That will be your man.

If they haven't given you a Patient's Rights handout you can ask for one and it should have the name and number available.

Of course you can bring this up with other staff or even the doctor but they are very busy people and may not even consider it to be a part of their job description. If your doctor seems like the kind of person who is receptive to your complaints I suppose you could talk to him about it. I'm wondering if he doesn't already know.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:55 PM

why do you think he already knows? and to hellpaso, the fact that she may be getting away with it bothers me. if the matter is brought to her attention does she go on a tirade or turn the facts around? my doc also uses her in preparing the stuff like FLMA, paratransit documentation(in 4 months there will be another one). she hates doing those and indirectly lets me know it. maybe if my doc isn't receptive it might be time for him to refer me to another institution?

yes i have to ask about the patient advocate

Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 PM

that scares me that he may already know. if so, why?how would he learn about it?

Old 04-13-2015, 05:00 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Complain right to your physician. Even if he isn't in charge of hiring, it will help out

Call the patient advocates if you want to get serious

Old 04-13-2015, 05:13 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
The majority of the time the patient advocate will at minimum get people to kiss your butt. But likely everyone will know you got the advocate involved and there will be some tip toeing around you.

I once called an advocate after I was left alone for hours in a room where the a/c went out and it got so hot I passed out when trying to stand up. I called my nurse a million times and she would just come and turn my bell off and do nothing. She even called me a name. Finally she realized the AC wasn't working (it must have been over 90 in there) and when she helped me stand up to move me out of the room and I passed out. I woke up and heard her say "let's not put this in the chart" to the guy helping her pick me back up.

So of course I insisted on an advocate. She was the devil. Never met such a rude lady. But they were circling the wagons at that point, I think.

Either way, calling the advocate does make waves. Usually it works out well, but everyone knows. Sometimes it makes things worse though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships