Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:50 AM

324 posts, read 427,499 times

Advertisements

Gotta say I was expecting something else here.

He responded to the group holiday texts that you sent. Understandable since you texted him.

He likes your pictures on FB. Understandable because obviously you have friended him on FB, or he wouldn't be able to like them.

He commented on your picture. Understandable because people usually make nice (hopefully) comments if you post a picture like that, even if they don't know your SO.

I guess I would just unfriend him on FB and not respond to his texts then if he's simply someone you don't want to be friends with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 01:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yara Mango View Post
The reason why I didn't respond to the "Enjoy the event" text is that I had an issue with my phone. Because of this issue I didn't get texts in my inbox but instead they were stored somewhere else on the phone. Because of this I didn't see the "Enjoy the event" text until one week after the event. I could see though that it was sent on the date of the event and at the time of the event. If I had seen the text at the time it was sent I would definitely have replied to it.
Well, it may be worth inviting him to hang out over pizza, or something, just to clear the air, then, and to try to get things onto a comfortable footing. All of this may be nothing, or it might be something. But making a gesture and talking to him in person should clear up any confusion for you. And if he suspects you've been avoiding him (the sarcasm theory), chatting would clear that up.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:42 PM

29 posts, read 35,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspectguy View Post
Gotta say I was expecting something else here.

He responded to the group holiday texts that you sent. Understandable since you texted him.
He sent those texts (like "Merry Xmas"), not me. Maybe I should have been clearer about that.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:29 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
I just don't get why that is odd...I mean his texting Merry Christmas....I don't get why that would bother someone. And u replied Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too you too....maybe that is why on New Years he texted you "thanks...Happy New Year too you too.
(Since you had said it first)

There could be very innocent reasons for this, I think maybe you are way over thinking this.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:16 AM

29 posts, read 35,934 times
That's what I thought at first as well, that his "Happy New Year to you, too" could just have been in response to my "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you too". But the two "Thanks a lot" texts on two separate significant times of the year (Valentine's Day and Good Friday) made me wonder.

The reason why I was surprised to hear from him on Xmas was that I had a really strange conversation with him in October. I just remembered it now since it was so long ago. In October I met up with him to study for an exam. He complained to me that a friend of mine had not replied to his texts.
He said, "I even texted her twice, and yet she never replied."
I replied: "Maybe she's just busy."
He: "I'm busy, you're busy, everyone is busy. That can't be the reason. I didn't force you to come here, did I?"

Old 04-17-2015, 06:05 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Seriously, look at the replies here. There is nothing particularly strange about any of his behavior. The only thing that is odd is your reaction to it.

So a friend texted you a few times. That's what friends do. So maybe you received a text intended for some one else. It happens.

Sometimes things are just what they appear to be--nothing more, nothing less.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:00 AM

655 posts, read 1,128,641 times
Are you sure that he is gay? It almost sounds like he is jealous of your boyfriend and is annoyed that you aren't with him. There is definitely sarcastic tones to those texts.

As others have mentioned, give him a call and talk with him to see what is going on. You are not going to accomplish anything by wondering about it.

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:16 PM

11,128 posts, read 9,756,639 times
Why not just text back "Thanks for what?" Or "Was that post for me?" Why sit around for literally months trying to figure out a 3 word text that may not even have been intended for you? Just ask.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:54 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
You sound like a twelve-year-old fuss budget about this. There is no problem except what is going on in your head.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:57 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
If you go posting every little detail on Facebook, ppl are gonna read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships