Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:59 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,448,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
No but I have a persistent habit of picturing them as cartoon animals.

LOL a kindred spirit, I do this too. It can be anything from cartoon characters to archetypes from well known movies. Had a guy in one job that always made me think of the cowardly lion in Wizard of Oz. Had another guy that always made me think of beaky buzzard in old WB cartoons and that tune he'd sing, "I'm just a baby bumble -bee... ah, no, no, no, no"

I do occasionally associate a song with someone, but it tends to be more lyrical - name related than character related. One place I worked long ago they was a "Wendy" and I'd always think of the Associations "Windy" song "who's walkin down the streets of the city, smiling at every body she she's ...everyone knows it's Wendy...".

When I see a particularly attractive woman from a distance if she has a certain 'walk' I'll often have oldies cue up like, "Poetry In Motion, see her gentle sway a wave out on the ocean would never move that way, I love every movement, there's nothing I would change, she doesn't need improvement she's much to nice to rearrange..." or The Hollies "long cool woman in a black dress"

Or the Yardbirds "For Your Love", this song got stuck in my head when on travels in Riga, Latvia, as everywhere I turned it seemed there would be another beautiful woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 07:57 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
Okay, my sweetheart laughs like the Cowardly Lion sometimes.

Also, speaking of animals, sometimes when my dogs are all happy because it's feeding time I sing the flea song (as he hikes about on the dog looking for a place to camp) "Oh there's food around the corner, food around the corner..."

So my big dog gets the voice of Goliath (remember the show WAAAY back, Davy and Goliath?) "I dunno, Davy" and my little dog gets a bronx accent. "Ma. MA! Pick me up, Ma!" Or like Timone... when she's chewing something "Tastes like chicken".

I really appreciate the opportunity to get that out! LOL

Old 04-29-2015, 09:27 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,637,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
We had a cat that came down with low-grade GI lymphoma. I used to drive her to her once-a-month chemo and I'd make an event of it by singing silly songs I made up for her.

Most cats love singing and they're not critical, so they're the perfect audience.

It's never occurred to me to designate theme songs for people in my life. I can't even think of anything appropriate. If I had a theme song it would probably be "Lido Shuffle."
I thought I was the only one who had a cat anthem.

I have been singing and playing "You're so pretty" by the Cranberries to my cat since she was a kitten.

You're so pretty the way you are.
And you had no reason to be so insolent to me.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
It's weird but I do. What's weirder is the people who I have theme songs for, they aren't all particularly important to me or even in my life anymore. The songs just stuck to them.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:17 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I thought I was the only one who had a cat anthem.

I have been singing and playing "You're so pretty" by the Cranberries to my cat since she was a kitten.

And you had no reason to be so insolent to me.
I have to admit I have cat anthems too.

Female "You are my sunshine" I've been singing this to her since she was a kitten.

Male "I'm the Man" by Aloe Blacc As a small kitten, he appointed himself the king and let everyone know it.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:55 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I have a lot for my cats and they change from time to time. Currently, when their bowl is empty, I sing "Bowl Situation" to the tune of "Anticipation" by Carly Simon.
I think I will try that one tonight when the bowl is empty.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:20 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,341,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I do...sometimes more then one.

Do the close people in your life have songs you attach like a theme song for them?

This is an odd question...but just curious.
I used to have songs that I associated with certain people in my life. Those songs were ones that were popular around the time I met and interacted with them a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships