Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 12:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

Plastic surgery is NOT going to change the problems you obviously have with your self-image and level of self-respect. Your parents know what's best. Listen to them, for God's sake.

People make stupid decisions that can ruin their lives between the ages of 13 and 21. Don't go out like that. You have no good reason for getting this surgery. Instead, put that money into SCHOOL, and work on liking yourself as you are.

At 19, you know nothing...your Mom is absolutely right. Snap out of it, listen to her, or make the immature decision, and ruin your life. You have problems with how your view yourself and plastic surgery will not change that.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:17 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
I am not going for a Kim K look. Her BBL looks way too obvious imo. I'm not doing this surgery for guys, I'm doing it for myself. If some guy doesn't want me because my butt looks fake, then so be it. It's natural and feels natural too, unlike fake breasts.
It is as natural as a 3-dollar bill.

You say over and over that you "are paying for it". Who will be paying for complications? Are you prepared for office visits, additional surgeries, weeks of depending on someone to take care of you? Insurance will not pick that up.

Be my guest - get a fake big butt just do not complain that you age to get it taken out because it is too big.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:22 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
A private nurse in your parents home. How will this affect their daily life - having a stranger in the house, using facilities, supplies, kitchen ....?
THAT is exactly what I was thinking... you said something about them being able to tell and then they would know you did it....How can you do it behind you parents back when Florence Nightingale is around 24/7...? I can see that coming to a round of fisitcuffs between them...

Just don't see the use in it....I liked my butt at 19...or 18 or however old you are.... PLUS I can think of spending $15,000 plus the cost of a private nurse on something more enriching than this..sorry...

Old 04-30-2015, 01:26 PM
Xil

118 posts, read 274,247 times
Quote:
Hi guys, so I'm in a tough situation.
Yeah, you got it rough.

Quote:
How can I make my mom (and perhaps dad too) supportive of my surgery?
You can't.

Quote:
The problem is that I live with my parents so I would have to make up some excuse about a vacation with friends or something. Would they even buy that? Also I mean my appearance would change too and they would most likely notice it.
Are you kidding me?

Quote:
I am getting this surgery no matter what, but I want my mom to help me recover because she's a doctor and knows what to do.
Do whatever you want, but please don't burden your mother with this. She's busy enough with more important things.

Quote:
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen.
I laughed when I read this. Sorry.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:42 PM

403 posts, read 597,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
THAT is exactly what I was thinking... you said something about them being able to tell and then they would know you did it....How can you do it behind you parents back when Florence Nightingale is around 24/7...? I can see that coming to a round of fisitcuffs between them...

Just don't see the use in it....I liked my butt at 19...
I am planning to get a hotel. If my mom comes, she will stay with me and take care of me. If she doesn't, I will hire a private nurse to care for me in the hotel.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:45 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink90 View Post
Well you are an adult and you used money you earned, so it's really your business. You might to give them a heads up on where you will be because they will notice eventually. And make sure you are going to a quality place/doctor.
I disagree with the above - completely.

Just because you earned the money, doesn't mean you should spend it on a whim. Yes, a whim.

First, your parents still have a say in your life since you are still living at home. If I found out my child had elective surgery against my wishes, s/he would be looking to pay rent somewhere else. Spend the time discussing this with your parents. Keep YOUR mind open - listen to them. And don't be surprised if they decide that since you can put away money for something frivolous, obviously you can afford to pay rent...your choice whether you get to pay rent to a stranger or your parents.

You can still have the surgery in a year or two if you still believe that modifying your body will change your life, but undoing the damage to the relationship between you and your parents will take lots longer.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:02 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
Quote:
I am planning to get a hotel. If my mom comes, she will stay with me and take care of me. If she doesn't, I will hire a private nurse to care for me in the hotel.
So you, as a 19 year old "adult" have cash to pay for elective surgery, a couple weeks in a hotel, and a private nurse? And you earned this money? How the H did you do that?

How did you earn this money all on your own? Even if you're living at home on your parents' dime (yes, you are an expense to them while you are living at home) how did you earn such a huge sum of cash while you are still high-school aged?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:07 PM

I have been wanting this since I was 14, so that's before the whole big butt craze became popular. I'm not following trends. If it goes out of style, oh well. I will still be happy with my body. It will make me look better in clothes. An hourglass figure looks better in everything, imo.

My mom WANTS me to live at home. She loves having me around, especially since my brother moved out. She has told me this many times. She would miss me dearly if I moved out. If I had to pay them rent, I would be out in a heartbeat. The only reason I still live at home is because I get free rent. I understand they don't have to do this, and I am lucky that I get to live in a nice home for free. My parents also do very well financially. I'm not saying we are super rich, but me paying for rent wouldn't make a difference. It's not like they need my help with the bills. If we were struggling, I totally understand, but we aren't. I am not asking them to pay for the surgery and give me free rent and free everything else, even though they could afford the surgery too.

Do you think I really want to live with my parents? Of course not, I want to be independent. There's really no point of me moving out if I get free rent from them though. If they wanted me out, then I understand. I wouldn't mind living in a crappy apartment in a better area and have my independence. I have a friend who wants to move out too, I can manage without getting free rent and free everything else if my parents decide to stop supporting. I am not a burden to my parents for still living at home. My dad doesn't mind and my mom loves my company. I don't think they have it in them to kick me out, even if they did want me out, but they don't. I actually might be moving out the end of this summer by my choice, if everything goes well. New city, new body, new me!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:09 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen. I'm more apple-shaped then anything else, if I lose weight I lose my butt, if I gain weight, I gain a belly. No amount of dieting/exercising will get me the body I want. My mom doesn't understand this. I'm not expecting crazy results, just to create a more shapely body and to look better in clothes.
That look is kinda the current *fad*.

Also, your body has not finished filling out \ developing yet....I'd give it a couple more years.

Also, if you start exercising with WEIGHTS you will absolutely develop and fill out your butt. Don't believe me? Pull up some pictures of the US olympic gymnastics team.

At the very least, do you know any personal trainers? Talk to one first.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
So you, as a 19 year old "adult" have cash to pay for elective surgery, a couple weeks in a hotel, and a private nurse? And you earned this money? How the H did you do that?

How did you earn this money all on your own? Even if you're living at home on your parents' dime (yes, you are an expense to them while you are living at home) how did you earn such a huge sum of cash while you are still high-school aged?
I have an online business. No, I'm not making a ton of money, but for a 19 year old, I'm doing pretty well. I don't have enough to be comfortable moving out and paying for all of my own expenses, but if I had to, I could make it work. I do however have enough to spend some money on things I want, like plastic surgery. I am a full-time student as well, so I don't have a lot of time to run my business. It probably could be more successful if I dedicated more time to it, but for now, it's a nice extra flow of cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships