Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:02 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times

Advertisements

If your job is secure and you can get time off from work, and you are up to date on your bills...including rent to your parents.....then go for it! Don't be surprised if they "cut the cord" and decide it is time for you, having made such a mature decision as body modification, to be out on your own.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
who in their right mind pays for a Kardashian azz? Ick!
Worse, that arse is gonna get bigger needing lipo.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:19 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
I mean I really do want to tell them. Ideally I want my mom to take care of me and make sure my recovery goes really well. I don't want to lie to them, but I really do want the surgery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
By the way, what kind of quack doctor does cosmetic butt surgery on a 19 year old without inquiring on her family background and psychological state? Medical ethics are in the sewer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
who in their right mind pays for a Kardashian azz? Ick!
The OP's mother is a DOCTOR so she knows what is involved with the surgery as well as how her 19
year old daughter's body will change -it's called biology. Also as far as the video (and the girl in it)
she makes it clear that she spends a lot of her day and time to keep that look. It's a current fad
and fads change. Actually, there have always been women who had that type of shape. I had a few
friends who did and there were times where some men and women would have fun mocking them.
Some of my friends felt inadequate and hurt by those comments.
I'm also surprised by the surgeon who agreed to do the procedure but then plastic surgery on
those who feel insecure and inadequate is a big $$$$ business.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:26 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,538 times
OP- you asked for your mothers opinion?..and she gave it.

You ask for others opinions here....and they are giving it.

If you are asking for others approval...to use it as ammunition to get your mothers approval...most likely not going to work.
I see 6 pages of opinions here so far.
If you are truly an "adult"..then you would not feel the need to be here asking for others approval. Yes? No?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:34 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times
If a bunch of strangers AND your family think it's a bad idea, it might be a bad idea.

What do your friends think about it?

Have you considered just exercising?

EDIT--
Spend your hard earned money on an apartment and move out. When you have bills to pay you might rethink this.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
You asked for advice in dealing with your mother and here it is: Listen to her.

You're only 19 and your body will continue to change all your life. And, if you do enough squats, you will get a curvy butt.

Also, as others have said, big butts are in right now, but it's a fashion thing and will change. When I was your age, all anyone wanted to be was very thin and a curvy butt was considered fat and ugly. What will you do when the trend changes and you're stuck with your big butt?

Mostly, you sound immature. If you were mature enough to make this decision you'd make it, have your recovery planned out and wouldn't be asking strangers on the internet for advice in how to deal with your mother.

Why don't you wait til you're 25 and see how you feel about it then?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen. I'm more apple-shaped then anything else, if I lose weight I lose my butt, if I gain weight, I gain a belly. No amount of dieting/exercising will get me the body I want. My mom doesn't understand this. I'm not expecting crazy results, just to create a more shapely body and to look better in clothes.
If you're only 18, you are not actually finished growing yet. Your body can change after 18, you know. It's not done yet.

When I started college at age 18, my female freshman peers were willowy and ridiculously thin. By the end of senior year, many had filled out. They didn't get fat, they just got curvier. Myself included.

I'd wait if I were you. Use that money for your education instead.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:14 AM

186 posts, read 158,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Well, this is why you should wait, because there are more important things than a perfect body and something like this may seem important now, but silly in 5 years. There were (and still are) plenty of things I didn't like about my looks when I was your age. Your body will also change when/if you have kids. Your hips, and thighs could look completely different after pregnancy.
*Last sentence: Cross out the COULD and put WILL, for sure *

Old 04-30-2015, 09:31 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen. I'm more apple-shaped then anything else, if I lose weight I lose my butt, if I gain weight, I gain a belly. No amount of dieting/exercising will get me the body I want. My mom doesn't understand this. I'm not expecting crazy results, just to create a more shapely body and to look better in clothes.
Wait, you're telling me that you are willing to throw away perfectly good money just so some quack "doctor" can inflate your posterior?!? Seriously?!?

Personally, I think the big-butt fad is, if you're excuse me, butt-ugly. But even if I thought it was beautiful, that doesn't mean I think it makes the least bit of sense to surgically alter yourself to achieve it.

Quote:
It's superficial, not gonna deny that.
Most self-aware comment I've seen from you on this entire thread.

Quote:
I know there are more important things than having a perfect body! I don't expect to get a perfect body either, I just want one where I look and feel good in. I care about other things way more, but is it so wrong to want to look really good as well? Who says I can't have it all?
Naive little children, and spoiled-rotten bigger children, are the only ones who believe that they can "have it all." Real adults understand that life is full of trade-offs, and they allocate their priorities accordingly.

Quote:
I want advice on dealing with my parents and how other parents would react if their daughter was getting plastic surgery.
I have a daughter. If she came to me like you are, I would tell her that while beauty may be skin deep, the real worth of a person is what is inside. I would tell her not to worry about following the fickle trends of a superficial culture; instead, focus on the person you really are, and on cultivating real relationships with God and with other people based on values that are less transient and shallow than "look at my big butt!"

And if that didn't work, I would pull out the old "My house, my rules" card. If you're living under my roof, and you are not a paying tenant with a signed lease agreement, then you are my dependent -- regardless of your chronological age -- and you will obey my rules. Period. Don't like it? Then move out and live on your own and support yourself. And no, I'm not blowing two weeks of my vacation leave from work just so I can stay home and tend to your butt.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:34 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
I'm going to a highly skilled doctor, he's one of the best IF not the best in the country for this procedure. Yes even though I'm only 19, I've done all my research. I'm in good hands. There can always be complications, but it's very unlikely. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
Have you actually consulted with this doctor, or have you just looked him/her up online? It's possible that because of your age and your mindset a really highly skilled doctor may not want to do the procedure on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships