Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times

Advertisements

What's your pick?

My dream is to travel around the State I live in visiting different places. I've done a little traveling already although not much recently. I've already done research where I want to go.

I met some "friends" in the last 2-3yrs. through a common thing we share being Deaf or Hard-or-Hearing. When I don't attend these events that we gather to because of distance, we don't chat much through texting or FB. Usually it's just liking/commenting each other's FB status. Even when we do meet, I don't feel much connection with them.

Before finding these "friends", I lost a good 5-6yrs. with a group of people who I had thought were my friends. That may explain the guard I put up now when it comes to meeting people. Before them, I was mostly a loner and kept to myself.

I never been in a relationship, so seeing all the people with their S/O puts a damper on my spirits. Yes, I've tried by putting myself out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
You can both travel and have friends at home.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 PM

404 posts, read 385,737 times
Travel. I use to travel with a previous job. I miss it. I use to go to 2 to 3 different states a week. It was awesome. I enjoyed the variety of people i would get to meet. I didn't have to stay too long...just kept it moving.

Now i look at the same people and the same cubicle.

I like variety.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Sounds like you want to get out and travel. I think you should go for it. You're ripe for a change--I can feel it from your post.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
I would not need to pick... I can have friends AND travel.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You can both travel and have friends at home.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Sounds like you want to get out and travel. I think you should go for it. You're ripe for a change--I can feel it from your post.
Yes I do. You picked up my vibe very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I would not need to pick... I can have friends AND travel.
Make friends along the way too along my traveling adventures?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,281 times
I want to travel alone. My husband sometimes dont go,and has too much to work with ,and wants to travel where he wants. I like to travel alone,and do my stuff alone.I feel that you have to be very much friends to travel together. I cant stand anymore do what people wants me to do,or go to places that I really dont want to go. So,for me, in my oppinion,if you are not that a good freind,go alone.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:59 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Why are these two things mutually exclusive? Go ahead and travel around your state and enjoy all that it has to offer. (I don't know where you live, but EVERY state in this great country offers enjoyable scenery and interesting things to do.) Then, when you get back home, go ahead and cultivate your friendships, if you feel so inclined.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I've lived in 5 different cities in 3 different states. Traveled to countries around the world and lived outside of the country...

Every time I come back to my city, my good friends are there to sit down, have beers and talk about how things have been like I've never been gone.

You don't choose one or the other, you live your life how you want it to be.

How old are you to ask a question like this?

Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've lived in 5 different cities in 3 different states. Traveled to countries around the world and lived outside of the country...

Every time I come back to my city, my good friends are there to sit down, have beers and talk about how things have been like I've never been gone.

You don't choose one or the other, you live your life how you want it to be.

How old are you to ask a question like this?
35...i'm just a grasshopper seeking wisdom from friends on c-d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships