Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:43 PM

128 posts, read 177,740 times

Advertisements

I always wish I could have good comebacks to people that say rude, mean, judgmental or obnoxious comments. I think of something too late. I miss that moment of opportunity.
One time I remember, My sister was getting married. I and my other sister was in her bridal party. The groom's sister was also in the bridal party and a sister in law on the groom's side and a few others. We get to the reception and the bridal party of just the girls were in the lobby just hanging out and someone that worked there( I think he owned the place) looked at all of us for a moment or two and pointed out this one girl and said loudly "You're the prettiest one here"
She was gushing, Oh golly me. While the rest of us just looked at each other and it was complete silence.
No one said anything. What I thought of later that I wish I had said in that awkward silence " and you are the RUDEST JERK here!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 10:15 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
I always think of the comebacks in time to say them. It doesn't make life any easier and it doesn't enhance my reputation as a polite, kind person. You're probably better off ignoring the rude people and moving on.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I always think of the comebacks in time to say them. It doesn't make life any easier and it doesn't enhance my reputation as a polite, kind person. You're probably better off ignoring the rude people and moving on.
Exactly!

OP, why reduce yourself to their level?
Ignore and move on are the best things you can do.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:26 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat42207 View Post
I always wish I could have good comebacks to people that say rude, mean, judgmental or obnoxious comments. I think of something too late. I miss that moment of opportunity.
One time I remember, My sister was getting married. I and my other sister was in her bridal party. The groom's sister was also in the bridal party and a sister in law on the groom's side and a few others. We get to the reception and the bridal party of just the girls were in the lobby just hanging out and someone that worked there( I think he owned the place) looked at all of us for a moment or two and pointed out this one girl and said loudly "You're the prettiest one here"
She was gushing, Oh golly me. While the rest of us just looked at each other and it was complete silence.
No one said anything. What I thought of later that I wish I had said in that awkward silence " and you are the RUDEST JERK here!"
George thinks of the perfect comeback 47 seconds in, of course too late:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFH4DszUj2A

Old 05-13-2015, 01:41 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,959,249 times
I had a cashier at the market say... Wow you're so much prettier without your glasses... I said you're much prettier without my glasses too.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:04 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I had a cashier at the market say... Wow you're so much prettier without your glasses... I said you're much prettier without my glasses too.
So basically you insulted the cashier (who actually was saying you were pretty all natural and 100% you) because she paid you a high compliment?!? Yeah, I'll never get women.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:11 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
She tried to give you a compliment. Everything doesn't always come out the way people mean it.Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-13-2015 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: rude and attacking

Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 PM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
totally agree with this. All it would do is prove you could be just as snarky as them.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:16 PM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
So basically you insulted the cashier (who actually was saying you were pretty all natural and 100% you) because she paid you a high compliment?!? Yeah, I'll never get women.
I'm a woman I don't get that either.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:17 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
She tried to give you a compliment. Everything doesn't always come out the way people mean it.

She didn't have any business "commenting" on my looks especially in front of other customers. Like her opinion should make a difference to me? Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-13-2015 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: personal comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships