Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 06:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

The ones that really bother me are the guys who come out of a stall (after doing number 2) and who walk right out the door without washing ! I see this at restaurants, and then they probably go to the table and finish their dinner !

Disgusting !

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
The difference is I won't have to touch it after using the bathroom thus not putting even more bacteria on the handle.
I doubt your hands are immaculate when you walk into restrooms and hopefully you flush the toilet, so you're bacteria is all over that bathroom no matter what.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:39 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,013,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I doubt your hands are immaculate when you walk into restrooms and hopefully you flush the toilet, so you're bacteria is all over that bathroom no matter what.
My hands didn't have my pis* or someone elses nor the smell or bacteria from taking a dump on them before I walked into the bathroom. I also only use a finger to turn the water on. I am not talking about bacteria all over the bathroom, I am talking about the bacteria on the water handle.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The ones that really bother me are the guys who come out of a stall (after doing number 2) and who walk right out the door without washing ! I see this at restaurants, and then they probably go to the table and finish their dinner !

Disgusting !

Don
This! This is exactly what I am referring to when I mention people not washing their hands. I see it from employees and customers. How someone can do that and go right out there to eat is just ewww. I actually got a couple employees sent home because I brought it up to owner of a restaurant

Old 05-22-2015, 10:23 PM

671 posts, read 900,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Put pressure on the businesses to place simple signs in their restrooms educating patrons on the health benefits of hand washing.
lol. Your "sign" idea is done in many places, and doesn't change results. People are told smoking and drinking are bad. People still do it.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:27 PM

671 posts, read 900,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
It's hardly that much water wasted and I turn it on so I don't have to touch it after I use the bathroom.
Either way you touch something after using the bathroom whether it be the paper towel dispenser or water handle or urinal flush lever or whatever.

Stall door or urinal flush level or paper towel lever or the door to come in.

Why not turn it on after you pee, grab a paper towel since you'll be grabbing one later and then turn it on... or better yet, turn it on, wash your hands, and then do your routine?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Either way you touch something after using the bathroom whether it be the paper towel dispenser or water handle or urinal flush lever or whatever.

Stall door or urinal flush level or paper towel lever or the door to come in.
You obviously didn't read none of my posts. I don't touch the paper towel dispenser nor the water handle after using the bathroom. A urinal flush lever is not a sink handle and I stand to the side when it is flushed. I don't use public stalls. Walking in the door is completely different.

Quote:
Why not turn it on after you pee, grab a paper towel since you'll be grabbing one later and then turn it on... or better yet, turn it on, wash your hands, and then do your routine?
I already stated in my previous posts I do not touch the water handle after using the bathroom as the water would already be on from when I first came in the bathroom. Paper towels would already be down waiting. Why put more bacteria on the water handle when I don't need to?

Old 05-23-2015, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 622 times
The "rule" is (according to Oprah on one of her shows)....to properly sanitize your hands via hand washing in the bathroom, you must use hot water with the soap for 15 seconds. How many public bathrooms provide hot water now???? Not many! ANY hand washing is better than none at all....

As for yelling at the guy who didn't wash....risky in today's world.....

Old 05-23-2015, 06:07 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
So I was in the restroom a little while ago and it was nearly full. I heard one guy who was washing his hands berate another guy who was walking out about not washing his hands saying it spreads germs on the door handle. Of course it's true, but I thought it was incredibly rude!

Do you agree with this or just find it rude and out of place?
I agree with it. Wash your hands the next time you come out of the restroom.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:23 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Hot water is not any better than cold water for handwashing. The temperatures necessary to kill germs would scald you. Length of handwashing is what's important, not temperature.

How hot does water need to be when you wash your hands? | MNN - Mother Nature Network

This thread reminded me of my first day at a new job. The people at lunch were gossiping and talking derisively about a co-worker whom they referred to as "No-wash". I asked what they meant and they told me she never washed her hands in the restroom, and that no one ever ate anything she brought to potlucks and they wouldn't eat lunch at the same table with her. Man, I would hate to think about people talking like that behind your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships