Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:19 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I had stopped inviting one friend to my home if she has to bring her boyfriend, because they are both drunks, and when they are both there, they wind up having to spend the night because they can't drive, and I am tired of babysitting these morons that can't handle their alcohol.

As a matter of fact, after this weekend I will probably not ever invite her to my house again, because she brought him over on Saturday. I didn't say anything to her about it and was hoping they would behave themselves, but that didn't happen. No, instead, he got high and passed out cold and was barely breathing. I had to call 911 and get them to the house while other guests tended to the stoner. After the paramedics got there, I went through the kitchen and there was my friend, doing shots while her boyfriend was being tended to by EMTs. After I cussed her out, she walked outside and sat down next to where they were, but in a few minutes she came back, and somehow tripped over the lip of the patio, face-planting into the sliding glass door. The EMTs then had to administer aid to her.

I called them a cab and told them I am done.
Oh my!!!

I don't think I would stop being friends with someone because of their spouse. The spouse would have to reeeally irritate me. I would probably try to stick to just activities for us though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 03:49 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Some spouses I wasn't fond of but only once did I drop the person because of his wife. Some times I like the spouses better than the friend.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:35 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Do you like your friend's spouses? Would you stop being friends with someone if you didn't like their partner? In this scenario we are talking about people in long term committed relationships, not just some dude or chick your friend is seeing.
Hate to be the bad guy but, yes, honestly I would not want to hang around somebody that I could not stand. That has been a problem for me in my relationships. I just don't see the point in trying to hold it together for appearances.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
this happened to me some time back and we have since moved . However I really liked the wife but could not stand to be around the husband and the husband was friendly with my husband and they played golf frequently . When we would go out to dinner I could not stand him , he would dominate the conversation , insist on paying the whole food bill that is just two of the small things he would do that I could not stand . Im so grateful we moved because now I don't have to have the
"hey honey we need to talk " deal with my husband . and another one I like to use is make a downward circle with my fingers and say "this is going to be a conversation " LOL .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships