Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 07:48 PM

820 posts, read 971,538 times

Advertisements

His relative is leaving Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 08:44 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
This thread is in the wrong area, should be in non-romantic relationships.
How do you know? Maybe it is romantic...

Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 PM

269 posts, read 370,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How do you know? Maybe it is romantic...
Because he said so on the first page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
People-I am not talking about a romantic situation. I am talking about just friends hanging out!

Old 06-20-2015, 09:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
If you text a friend one night asking if he/she wants to hang out sometime next week, how long should you wait for him/her to reply before texting him/her again? If it helps, this person always takes about 1-2 hours to text back, but it's the morning after you sent the text and you still haven't heard back. The person also has a relative visiting from far away, and you know that he/she is spending a lot of time with that relative, so might not be near the phone as much. I am in this situation, and I'm not worried about it, but I just want to know how long I should wait before sending another text.
You don't send another text. You just wait til he contacts you next time he is free. Maybe his phone is off because he is trying to entertain his company. Your wanting to hang out might not be his priority if he has relatives visiting..

Old 06-20-2015, 10:24 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
If you text a friend one night asking if he/she wants to hang out sometime next week, how long should you wait for him/her to reply before texting him/her again? If it helps, this person always takes about 1-2 hours to text back, but it's the morning after you sent the text and you still haven't heard back. The person also has a relative visiting from far away, and you know that he/she is spending a lot of time with that relative, so might not be near the phone as much. I am in this situation, and I'm not worried about it, but I just want to know how long I should wait before sending another text.
Just one more text and saying this like I had to do a couple of days ago

"Um I sent you a text yesterday and didn't get a response"

Once I sent that she responded with some bull about being swamped at work.

But definitely don't send anymore than one after no reply and make sure it's not in the same day

Old 06-21-2015, 01:46 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,901,981 times
Just call all ready.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
You can always CALL the person. It is a phone, after all, and sometimes people don't receive the text because it falls in a hole in the electronic netherworld. But that would be too simple and personal

Old 06-21-2015, 11:13 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,379,705 times
Personally, I'd wait until late Monday and if no response, text and say, "hope you had a great time with your relatives. Not sure if you missed my other text, but you want to hang out later this week?"

Simple. It doesn't matter if he did or didn't see the text, whether it even got received or disappeared into the ether as happens often enough, or whether he chose not to respond, or just forgot.

This isn't mission critical or time sensitive so just leave it until his guests are gone.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:16 PM

239 posts, read 194,643 times
there are reasons why people dont answer texts right away. there are some days i dont look at my phone at all intentionally or unintetionally. Just busy doing other things, low batt, personal problems, phone charger not charging, no money, don't like you, etc.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:17 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
It is amazing how many especially young people, think the only way to communicate is by text. A lot of people have texting turned off on their phones. Or they may read them only once a week or so. They think texting is kind of stupid. When you pick up your phone, you can call them and if not available leave a message. Those messages they get. Texts are considered not worth even looking at by a lot of people. They consider it so high school, to text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships