Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:38 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,228,263 times

Advertisements

I have yet to go anywhere near that place. I've heard mainly bad things about it, rarely any good. If people give me a link and it notes that I'm going to Facebook, I go back and explain to the person that I will not have anything to do with it. I can't even guess how many people have pushed me to join and fussed at me because I wouldn't do it.

It still sounds like a terrible place to me, with murders, assaults, and harassment (physical, emotional, etc.).

Old 06-23-2015, 02:37 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,309,991 times
I like Jimmy Kimmel's National Unfriend Day. Next one: November 17.

5 types of people you should unfriend - CNN.com

Here are Jimmy's 2014 suggested reasons to unfriend Facebook "friends":
  • You post too much
  • You spell-check too little
  • You won’t shut up about: politics, your kids, how you slept last night, how your workout went, what traffic was like, how the weather is, what Frozen character you are
  • You tag people you claim to love in unflattering photos where they look terrible
  • Too many photos of your: food, body, vacation, feet, feet on vacation
  • Your #TBT makes me want to #ThrowupThursday
  • You ruin every show before we watch it
  • You ask questions that can be Googled
  • You’re on so much — how do you still have a job?
  • We don’t want to play Bejeweled Blitz or Words With Friends

Old 06-23-2015, 05:55 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I only delete people who are Inactive and never chat with at all.
Yeah, basically this.

I've had lots of people u friend me, mostly because I guess they've lost contact. A select few have gotten mad at me.

I used to rarely u friend people, but recently I deleted about 15 percent of my friends list because they hadn't spoken, texted, seen, commented or liked anything on my Facebook feed, or communicated with me at all in over three years. If I see them again, they're welcome to add me back.

I will note that people who clean out their friends list do tend to be somewhat narcissistic from my observations (I'm not denying it in myself either though 😀.)

Old 12-20-2016, 04:08 PM

894 posts, read 586,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
I'm just asking because Facebook doesn't let you know when someone unfriends you. As foe me, I've only been unfriended by people I don't really keep in contact with anyway. I've never asked, but one did tell me he did it because he was making his friends list only family members or close friends. Just out of curiosity, do you ever ask why you were unfriended?
I don't have FB anymore but when I did, I had 2 people ask why I unfriended them. I think if a person unfriends you, then it's best to let it roll off your back and move on.

Confronting the other person to ask why is not going to make you look better.

And if I were the one who got unfriended, I may have raised my eyebrows (if I even noticed at all) but no way would I plead my case or ask why the other party dropped me.

Why make myself look pathetic or hard-up for friendship?

Old 12-21-2016, 06:19 AM
Status: "In the words of Steve Winwood, Roll With It!" (set 22 days ago)

296 posts, read 217,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I noticed when her posts mysteriously disappeared randomly one day.
About a year ago, someone did this to me.

In early to mid December, her posts stopped appearing, but when no post appeared on the January 5 anniversary date of her brother's death, I knew she had blocked me from seeing her posts, but did not unfriend me.

What was strange, this old gal sent me a Christmas card image through the Facebook private messaging system to wish me a happy holiday.

I was slow to realize she had blocked me, but once I did realize it, I unfriended and blocked her.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Well, the desire to do so is a warning sign of being needy and insecure. Which is likely why you were unfriended in the first place.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:47 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
No I don't ask them. If it is someone close to me then I should know the reason. If they are not close then I really don't care. I just had a niece unfriend me and I know exactly why…her loss, lol.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:48 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
I'm just asking because Facebook doesn't let you know when someone unfriends you. As foe me, I've only been unfriended by people I don't really keep in contact with anyway. I've never asked, but one did tell me he did it because he was making his friends list only family members or close friends. Just out of curiosity, do you ever ask why you were unfriended?
NOpe... i don't even NOTICE it..

Old 12-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Status: "In the words of Steve Winwood, Roll With It!" (set 22 days ago)

296 posts, read 217,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, the desire to do so is a warning sign of being needy and insecure. Which is likely why you were unfriended in the first place.
Sir, I've looked a bit at your posting history, you seem a bit like Larry Winget, who calls himself The Pitbull of Personal Development, I admire his viewpoints, and can agree with many of yours!

Old 12-21-2016, 07:14 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,518 times
About FB nope I dont bother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships