Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:45 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times

Advertisements

A large scratched and dented pickup truck parked so close to my new, cute Mini that I couldn't even open my driver's door. I left a note alright- "Learn how to park within your space-this is probably why your vehicle looks like s#it!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 10:52 PM

455 posts, read 1,498,538 times
I noticed the car next to me had the lug nuts on upside down (tapered side out) on one wheel. I checked the other 3, 2 out of 4 were wrong. I left a note, told them that the tapered side goes in and to compare the rear to the front. I haven't seen the car since (small town) I wonder if they fixed the problem?

Curly

Old 06-27-2015, 08:14 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
A large scratched and dented pickup truck parked so close to my new, cute Mini that I couldn't even open my driver's door. I left a note alright- "Learn how to park within your space-this is probably why your vehicle looks like s#it!!"
Arg! Bad parkers are the worst! I've never left a note about it though. We pulled into a hardware store last weekend and this truck with a trailer was taking up SIX SPACES in the front. I get it's hard to park with those things, but do it in the back. Taking up so many spots that close to the building is rude.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:45 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
My car got hit in a parking lot years ago when I was in the store, and the guy took off. Someone saw it and left a note on my car with the driver's license number. I went to the police and they looked it up and called him saying "Sir, you were witnessed hitting a car in the Kmart parking lot and leaving the scene" and the guy admitted it right away. The cop made him come to the station and work out compensation with me.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:20 PM

922 posts, read 1,110,715 times
Well, the only notes that I've left on cars have been, uhh, the not-so-nice ones, LOL. For instance, if people park like crap, I'll leave them one of 2 notes:

1. Who taught you how to park? Stevie Wonder??
2. The way you pulled in makes me wish your dad had pulled out. Learn to park!

My husband always laughs his a$$ off when I do it but I can't help it, I get so annoyed at people who think that their car is worth 2-3 parking spaces! LOL

Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
Well, the only notes that I've left on cars have been, uhh, the not-so-nice ones, LOL. For instance, if people park like crap, I'll leave them one of 2 notes:

My husband always laughs his a$$ off when I do it but I can't help it, I get so annoyed at people who think that their car is worth 2-3 parking spaces! LOL
Ha ha! I've seen business cards that saying something like "parking *****hole award." It does tick me off when people do that, but I'm afraid the bad parker will be on his/her way out when I putting it on their car.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:01 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
I leave plenty of notes on cars. They are usually insulting ones about people's parking (a luxury car taking 2 spots in a pkg lot, or cars being horribly crooked, or taking 2 spots on a street, etc. they are insulting but in a funny and sarcastic way.

This thread reminds me that I should leave more nice notes, I'm going to start doing that more often.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:04 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post

Exactly! Those are similar to the things I write. Repped you.

I'm in Boston. You wouldn't believe the amount of idiotic, inconsiderate, unskilled, inexperienced, and elitist people around here.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:32 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Ha ha! I've seen business cards that saying something like "parking *****hole award." It does tick me off when people do that, but I'm afraid the bad parker will be on his/her way out when I putting it on their car.
I have seen ones that say "I hope you don't fkkk like you park, you'll never get it in."

Old 06-29-2015, 08:18 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I have seen ones that say "I hope you don't fkkk like you park, you'll never get it in."
Seriously, putting a note like that on a owner of a car who may be a minor would be inappropriate.

I seen something like that before on Pinterest & found it funny although would never actually write something like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships