Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 09:05 PM

14 posts, read 17,740 times

Advertisements

I guess I do miss her from time to time.. Old fond memories pop out at me from time to time... Or something will remind me of something we used to say or do or laugh at. I stay incredibly busy enough but sometimes for a split second I get the urge to call her and tell her something totally random and funny or just talk about things like old times.

Im 23 now. We grew up together and were like sisters, since 4th grade. We had a blast even in our college days. 3 years ago she moved away while we were both in college together, promised we would keep in touch, but have not heard from her since. She blocked me on facebook, I guess she eventually changed her phone number.. We were totally fine when she left, we actually had so much fun before she left.

Heard from an old mutual friend, who doesnt talk to her either, that she is married and has a baby now, and that she decided to stop going to college. She was very passionate about her mormon faith. Missing her does hurt for some reason, everyone tells me to get over it since she has moved on but I havent completely got over it, maybe since there wasnt closure.

I guess I have moved on for the most part since I have graduated college and started my career. Damn I wish I could tell her how happy I am for her, and I wish she could see me now. I sure missed her at my graduation ceremony as I always envisioned her there for it.

Anyone ever feel the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 09:07 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,200 times
No but I do think of other people who I used to get along with and wonder how they are doing. I'd like to meet them but I don't think that the friendship would work out like it did as the dynamics are clearly different.

I sometimes wish I could go back to those years, I was happier.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:11 PM

14 posts, read 17,740 times
Hey thanks for the reply. I am very thankful for my job/family now but I was more spontaneous, positive, and confident in that time of my life when she was there. So I see what you are saying.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:41 PM

347 posts, read 425,240 times
Yes! I've had several friendships (one I ended), I missed her all the time....took a year to get over. But her insecure BS would always on the table.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:54 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,944,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA324 View Post
Damn I wish I could tell her how happy I am for her, and I wish she could see me now.
Can you drop her a line with just that message? Maybe she misses you too.

Forget Facebook. Who knows why people do what they do on there?

My best friend moved twice, each time further away, and while we tried to keep up the relationship it just didn't work. She and her husband have turned into those people who have screaming fights in public. You hate to see it. Individually they are fine people and I like them both. But his parents waged an active campaign against her, saying their son could have done so much better. The last I heard she was living on antidepressants. None of this would have deterred me from continuing to be her friend except that her determination to stay in this corrosive marriage means there's nothing I can do to help from this great distance. They have a child who has suffered a series of mysterious ailments that have probably been brought on by the constant tension at home. It can't be good to grow up like that.

So yes, I miss her, I hope she has done something about her situation but I'm not hopeful. I would do most anything to see her happy.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:12 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,340,652 times
Yes.
I had a best friend who moved to Arizona in the mid-'90s. We kept in touch sporadically and in that time, he'd remarried and had a daughter. Sadly, he was killed in a traffic accident in 2000. I met his daughter on Facebook - OMG, does she look so much like her father! She's now a grown woman and doing well. It's been 15 years now and do I miss him!

Old 06-28-2015, 11:15 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA324 View Post
Hey thanks for the reply. I am very thankful for my job/family now but I was more spontaneous, positive, and confident in that time of my life when she was there. So I see what you are saying.
I agree. When we are young we think that our friends will be there for an enternity, obviously we learn that they aren't there that long.

For me with my experience the friends that you only see once in a while are the ones that are the longest lasting. I don't really get too close to people as I don't want to get hurt when the friendship ends.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:00 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
I do, Though we had little in common growing up and likely less now. Our life circumstances and upbringing were radically different and he had a mean streak. I Saw Hank back in 1997 after not seeing him for 3 years previous. I moved, He moved and got married and he still lives in the area. I think about him every now and then and hope he is well. As of 4 years ago I heard he was well with a family. Interesting how since then I have not run into him even once though.

Another one whom i know 30 + years i hear from once or twice a year and have not seen since 2012. He had a lot of trouble in his life but has been distant for a long time overall. I wish him well, And he knows where to reach me.

People coming in and going out is a natural part of life's evolution for us, And often can be difficult, or even a source of relief depending on the person. Though it changes us each time even if just a little bit.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:22 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times
I have three close friendships that go back sixty-two years and a BFF from grade school. We grew up together. One is an hour away, another three hours and the other two are in FL. I'm in MN.

Three of them I hear from frequently and visit or lunch with now and then. The BFF I hardly ever hear from.

The last time I heard from her was about a year ago when I happened to be on Facebook and she messaged me. We talk about getting together somewhere for a weekend of catching up but that's as far as it goes. It's apparent that she's moved on.

Yes, I think of them often because they were such a large part of my life for so many years.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:48 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,841,897 times
No.

If I missed them, I would contact them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships