Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 06:09 PM

486 posts, read 654,120 times

Advertisements

I know I wasn't. My sisters were 16 and 14 when I was born. The parents were just about to get their freedom back and, boom, I came along. When my mom found out she was pregnant, she threatened to walk into the ocean until her hair floated. I knew from a very young age that I wasn't wanted. And I was a good kid, learned to read early and all they had to do was give me a book and they didn't hear from me for hours. I didn't date until my senior year and didn't come home pregnant or get arrested.

My dad was an alcoholic so grew up with the accompanying fights, screaming, throwing things, him leaving, begging him to come back, and miracle of miracles, the day I left home for the last time at 16 (skipped a grade, graduated at 16), he quit drinking and never touched a drop afterwards. Kind of tells you something, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 02:25 AM

43 posts, read 41,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When you say "sperm doctor" you mean she had a medically assisted pregnancy?
Sperm doctor? I said donor...no it wasn't a medically assisted pregnancy but he was nothing more than a sperm donor.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Mine told me she didn't want me when I was 5.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrisp
My parents marriage has always been a tragedy since the beginning and I believe my mother would have been able to divorce him sooner had I not been born (they're still married).

Apparently they were going through a very rough spot when I was born and my sperm donor wanted my mother to have an abortion. She has always been very loving towards me and took good care of me but I still feel she could have had a better life if she didn«t get pregnant with me.
Im sorry you feel this way.... I also feel like you do!!

I was a MISTAKE.... Me and my mom havent ever really gotton along... She said they wanted her to have an abortion @ the time...

WHY DIDNT SHE? -- Why subject me to this place that since the 80s has become trash and keeps getting worse?? (Sorry I am not in a good mood -- Ill end my reply now)

Old 07-10-2015, 05:36 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Feeling unwanted by your parents has to be the worse feeling ever. I can't even imagine it...... I suppose it's another thing to be grateful for.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:18 AM

255 posts, read 407,258 times
My mother was open about it most of my life, and now she is upset that we're not close. She had my sister when she was eighteen, and she didn't want another baby when she was so young. She had a one night stand with my father and ended up pregnant with me. She hated my father and she didn't want to marry him, but she felt she had to. So she married him and then when I was six, he killed himself. So most of my life she has taken it out on me. She even used to tell me that she hates that I turned out looking like him. She told me I am too much of a reminder of him.

Two years ago when I had to have surgery she confessed that she always felt resentment for me, but she was sorry. Now she tells me she wants us to be closer, but I just haven't wanted that in years. I wanted it in when I was a kid, but as an adult I just feel resentment for her. I remember her doing things for my sister, but never me. If my sister did something wrong it was "Well kids will be kids." If I did something wrong it was because I was selfish and just like my father.

About nine years ago I moved from my old town to the city I am in now. When I moved she told me it was because I was such a selfish and inconsiderate person, and I really was just like my father. I moved because there was nothing there for me in my old town. There were no jobs. There was a job out here for me though, and I am still working at it to this day.

It's not so bad since she confessed. I think she really does regret it, and I should visit her more, but I still have resentment from my childhood. I hated that she took something out of me that wasn't my fault.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:16 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Im so sorry

Old 07-12-2015, 06:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Wallcrisp, how are you handling it?

I was loved by a sister and other relatives...so there was an ok balance, I think.
I turned ok; stronger, very independent, knowing others will not satisfy me ultimately,
don't rely on anyone...not a bad thing, kinda realistic,
find my own happiness sort of thing...
I'm very into God....as my loving Father/Parent.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:12 AM

1 posts, read 630 times
Dont ever think about that , you live for yourself is fine now

Old 07-13-2015, 06:49 AM

726 posts, read 1,229,241 times
I failed to keep my parents together and dad left when I was six months. My older brother & twin sister always held it against me. Looking back so did mom.

It doesn't matter, I was born, I'm here and no one can change that. My childhood was awful. It's over! I can do as I wish. I have nothing to do with them and I am happy!

No one needs to justify their being, the fact that you says it all! And the best revenge is success! Embrace your life and grow beyond the "pot" someone planted you in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships