Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you attend the gay marriage ceremony of family if you are strongly against gay marriage?
YES 29 33.33%
NO 47 54.02%
No Idea 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Luck View Post
This question is only for people who are deeply against Gay Marriage:

If you are strongly against gay marriage due to religious or philosophical reasons, and had a close relative- you were very friendly with- invite you to their gay wedding ceremony, would you attend?

* Assume for this question you were available that day, and would have definitely gone if they were instead marrying a opposite sex person.
Well, you can say the question is for such and such all you want. When you post on these boards, it is open to everybody who wants to share.

That said, go ahead and do your poll. I sure hope it doesn't stir up more hatred in the world...there is already enough of it.

By the way, I have quite a few gay friends. I am one of those "strange" creatures God put on this planet. You see, I love people no matter who they are in love with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 02:15 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
haha
Well, there you go.
Another ha ha

Old 07-12-2015, 02:21 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why would OP attend the ultimate celebration of a relationship he doesn't support? That makes no sense. Furthermore, why would OP be "friends" with gay people if he doesn't approve of gay marriage? He would then, by extension not approve of homosexuality itself would he not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
OP is asking hypothetically ... he has stated he supports gay marriage.
Then this question is even sillier. Because OP stated at least twice he only wanted people to respond if they were strongly against gay marriage. Then he said he supports it, yet he attempted to ban others with the same views as he from sharing here on this thread. Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Every single time you keep referring to being gay as a lifestyle, you lose credibility and sound like a complete moron.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:39 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Then this question is even sillier. Because OP stated at least twice he only wanted people to respond if they were strongly against gay marriage. Then he said he supports it, yet he attempted to ban others with the same views as he from sharing here on this thread. Curious
I assume the point was that the OP was trying to get people who feel that way to explain it so that he could understand.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am so grateful that not one person I care about calls it "gay marriage." It's just "marriage."
Let's NOT be afraid to celebrate our differences as well...from a divorced twice lady, who will not marry again. I am sorry, but I am tickled pink to see gay couples marry, I support them-but let's face it, there are differences between a heterosexual couple and gay couple, just as there are differences between a two parent family or one parent family. It is what it is.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:51 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Let's NOT be afraid to celebrate our differences as well...from a divorced twice lady, who will not marry again. I am sorry, but I am tickled pink to see gay couples marry, I support them-but let's face it, there are differences between a heterosexual couple and gay couple, just as there are differences between a two parent family or one parent family. It is what it is.

There are differences between all marriages - that's the diversity that makes life interesting.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
We actually do not have any gay friends, all of our friends have been married for more than 20 years to the opposite sex.
I would venture to guess that we would attend a wedding if invited because honestly we don't care who anyone else wants to marry or have sex with.
Their decisions do not affect our lives directly and if they are happy that is what matters.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
I don't know if I would go or not , but if I did, I sure wouldn't dance with the Bride !

Don

Old 07-12-2015, 07:17 PM

366 posts, read 494,089 times
Sorry, I answered the poll figuratively before I read that you are looking for people who are strongly against it. I read it as a hypothetical. Meh.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:20 PM

563 posts, read 524,202 times
Is there an open Bar at the wedding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships