Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 03:44 PM

103 posts, read 88,640 times

Advertisements

So some coworkers and I decided to go see the new Ant man movie. We bought our tickets earlier this week, but I got sick this week and I have been sick for the past 3 days. I wasn't able to fully recover because I still had to go to work and so I never got a chance to rest.

Well a few days ago, one of the girls lost her ticket. She looked for it and one of the guys told everyone to check where there ticket was and to make sure that we had it. I had left mine in my car and it gets hot and that can cause the ink on the receipt to come off, same as if I have it in my wallet.

Well two days before the movie, I couldn't find my ticket. One of my co workers says in chat, "Omg, how hard is it to not lose a ticket??" Keep in mind, that the person that first lost hers was her friend.

So that annoyed me because I am a naturally forgetful person and I didn't do it on purpose. Well since I was sick, I ended up going to bed early and i didn't eat that much the day before. Well, they knew I was sick and I woke up and was still deciding if I was going to go. I texted one of the people and asked if we were going to eat there or go somewhere else afterwards so that way I would know, well an hour passes and no answer. I finally asked someone else who said that he didn't plan on eating there, when I asked where he was, he said that they were already seated.

They actually went there 30 mins in advance and didn't tell me, text or call, so now im sick, hungry and feeling like im having to rush. I just got annoyed with the entire situation and brought my ticket and got a refund. How would you feel in this situation?

Last edited by LOTRfan283; 07-18-2015 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 04:17 PM

30,526 posts, read 16,222,191 times
If I was that sick and still unsure if I'd go, I wouldn't think anything of it.

Actually, I guess I wouldn't have waited until the last minute to decide. I would have offered my ticket to the one who had lost hers.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
If I was that sick and still unsure if I'd go, I wouldn't think anything of it.

Actually, I guess I wouldn't have waited until the last minute to decide. I would have offered my ticket to the one who had lost hers.
Sorry I meant to say that she found her ticket

Old 07-18-2015, 06:20 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,823,070 times
They should have let you know they were going to go without you. That's kinda rude imo. A quick text to you saying "Hey, we're going at 7, want to get good seats. Are you in?" That's all they needed to do.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:25 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
They should have let you know they were going to go without you. That's kinda rude imo. A quick text to you saying "Hey, we're going at 7, want to get good seats. Are you in?" That's all they needed to do.
I agree, even if they thought that you may be sick they still should have contacted you to verify one way or the other.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
If I was sick I would have bailed on them, so I wouldn't get them sick, too.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Get over this. It is way too petty worry about.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:36 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I would not have had the ticket in the first place because I have never mixed my personal life with my work life.
After that if I am sick then I don't go no matter what anyone else does or thinks about me not going.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:44 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,764 times
Didn't you tell them you lost your ticket?

Old 07-18-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Right! That's what I thought too..i was like I texted you guys like an 1 1/2- before the movie started and you couldn't say anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree, even if they thought that you may be sick they still should have contacted you to verify one way or the other.
Yeah, I don't know why they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
Didn't you tell them you lost your ticket?
I did but i found it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships