Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 06:29 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times

Advertisements

Just got back from the Kroger's near me. Can you believe they are out of bananas? I cannot remember any store being out of those! The produce lady apologized, sweet thing. The raspberries and blueberries have gone back up in price. I did find some other fruit....
In ice cream! It is Blueberry, Pomegranate and Chocolate Chunk Deluxe Churned. It is a Kroger brand and is absolutely delicious! It is supposed to be "Light", and very well may be as long as I don't get two or three servings a day! LOL! (And me talking about needing to lose weight...oh well...there is always tomorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 08:09 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Wow....how did I get here...??I write a post about someone wasting money, see that I am on a banana thread......or is this a Ben and Jerry's thread......lolol. Sorry, please excuse this drive by interruption.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:13 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,696 times
It's very nice to see a positive thread here. My summer has been OK, nothing too interesting but nothing bad so it's fine with me. My son has had a couple of nice vacations this summer so I'm glad for him. My daughter has been staying at school working since May but has been home to visit a few times, and is currently home until Wed. so that's a nice change of pace for me. Thanks everyone for sharing the positivity here, I've enjoyed your stories!

Old 08-04-2015, 05:23 AM

396 posts, read 512,409 times
We're having a great summer. This is our second year in a new state and every day seems to bring something that reinforces we made the right decision in moving. We are close to our son and his family meaning lots of quality time with our grandson. Nothing like a grandchild to bring back the joy in so much.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
LOLOL to Smartmoney's drive by interruption....(personally I would rather be hearing about what people are doing during the summer than think about money problems. Ugh! So if you decide you've had enough of hearing about the green stuff woes, hope you stop by again)

Gfab1, glad you "drove" by and stopped (haha) and that you are having a good summer. I am living vicariously through the others posting about their vacations on here. I haven't been on one myself in several years. It is good to be happy for your son and his vacations.

I was on the patio the other day and I was feeling a bit sorry for myself that I was stuck here and others were going places and doing things and I remembered hearing about a relaxation technique where you close your eyes and think about a place you really enjoy. So I looked at my potted flowers and herbs near me and thought that they can be tropical plants and I am at the beach. It was early and there was a nice little breeze and I imagined being on the seashore feeling the water spray off the ocean and hearing the sound of its waves. I felt so much better after I did that and that's when I thought of doing this post.

LarkBea,
It is wonderful you moved closer to your son and grandchild! Lots of memories to be made. I have a friend who I have known since school days and love hearing about her visits with her grandchildren. She is such a wonderful grandmother....I can "hear" her beaming when she writes about them in her messages to me. And the grandchildren will always remember the fun times they had with grandparents who are able to be with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships