Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 03:55 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times

Advertisements

I'm with the OP. It's gross and I don't care if I'm at my friend's house I would say so. If these were people that I wasn't friends with, like a friend of a friend or a work colleague or distant relative--I would keep my mouth shut out of politeness and the fact that I'd likely not see them again. But if you know someone that well I think it's OK to speak the truth or else every time you hang out there you could be subject to it. Even if it's your home you should still have a sense of how you act in front of your guests; you can let it all hang out when they leave. It's like when I'm driving in my car that I own, I don't bogart the radio and force my passengers to listen to music they hate just cause I love that song. I'm a female and believe me my guy friends do not want me to start doing my grooming rituals in the living room in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 04:34 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Even if it's your home you should still have a sense of how you act in front of your guests; you can let it all hang out when they leave.
It was his friend's roommate. Maybe the roommate doesn't like the OP....

Old 08-06-2015, 04:40 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
It was his friend's roommate. Maybe the roommate doesn't like the OP....
Maybe you are right, it was a passive-aggressive thing. When I first met a girl I dated for a while in Colorado, her cat did something like this. He looked me right in the eye, and did his thing on the floor, looking me right in the eye the whole time...didn't want me on his turf!

The cat eventually decided to like me anyway.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:16 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I think it's rather disgusting as well! I wouldn't do that in my own living room. Did he at least vacuum the dead skin from the rug? If they think its fine to do that in the living room, no telling what other nasty habits they have. I would never walk barefoot in their house if I were you, and I probably would decline any offers of food as well.
How do you know what other people do in their own homes when you are not there?

You might enter your friend's most clean space, but how do YOU KNOW that s/he was not in the living sometime before you arrived doing some personal grooming and then cleaned up the mess?

Bottom line is YOU DON'T KNOW!

People have no idea what grooming I do in my own living room in the privacy of by myself ....

And what does someone's personal grooming have to do with walking barefoot or eating at their house? I would assume everyone cleans up after themselves......

Old 08-06-2015, 05:35 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I didn't tell him not to, just made a comment it was nasty.
nasty is in the eye of the beholder

we are strange creatures.....you could be grossed out by this filing,,,,,but then get kissed by a dog,,,licking your face and think nothing of it and that dog just got done licking his ass

I have a coworker a germaphobe clean freak,,,,,,but when over for dinner his whole families chews with their mouth open,,,,that grosses me out ,,,, I can field dress a deer or bear or moose ,,no problem,,,,but bad table manners ,,,,, again,,,we are strange creatures

I have a heel callous too and it gets painful if it isn't filed..

at least he wasn't using the cheese/grater....there again,,,that would be nasty...even if put in the dishwasher,,,but then again half the people with dogs will let the dog lick the plates ...and we don't get freaked about that

I dated a girl that couldn't stand the sight of blood on a steak,,,but didn't seem to mind changing diapers nightly,,,which to me is far worse ..

im on the fence of this,,,,,its his house..

i'll refrain with a couple more analogies,,,not to gross out the squeamish

Old 08-07-2015, 06:57 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
No, you're not being ridiculous. That was rude. Do they not have a bathroom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships