Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Ever Have Time For Friends?
Always. 19 32.76%
Sometimes. 33 56.90%
Never. 5 8.62%
I Don't Know. 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:54 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times

Advertisements

Hi OP,

As kids we had a lot of fun together, I grew up moved to next town over, graduated HS then two years of junior college then shipped off to the Army, I came home got married, have two beautiful grown children with their own family and my grad kids, love them all, we have a beautiful home in a country setting and have company over twice a month, there is always someone stopping by to say hello and we enjoy the company on the deck or by the fire place, here's the kicker..

I am blessed, I have the same friends that I knew since grade school and we all get together all the time, then I have my friends that I made over the years and we continue to be friends today, I get along with everyone and try to be easing going We just went to my wife's co workers wedding, very unconventional wedding two weeks ago, candle lit night wedding outside a beautiful farm in New Hope, PA. The couple are cool, the one women is beautiful talented and hard working and her partner I come to find out is a girl I knew years ago growing up together, lol. So, yeah, you can have it all and still keep your friendships over the years going forever, it's good /cool keeping friends.

Thanks,
Knight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 01:13 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Good for you. It's important to take time out for you, your friends, and spend time just having fun with other adults besides your husband. It's important for you to be something besides a mom as well. Too many mothers are just mothers and wives/nothing else. My younger sister is like this. She is a fantastic stay at home mom and a good wife. But she has no identity outside of that. She has become rather reclusive since she married and told me recently that she doesn't like spending time with her friends anymore. She just wanted to stay home. When she sees her friends at the store, she actually pretends she doesn't see them so she can avoid chatting with them! Whenever we talk, all she talks about is her kids. I love them bunches, but I also want to know about her. I have asked her many times, "Jessica, what do YOU want from life? What makes YOU happy, content, and fulfilled?" She has no clue.

I don't agree with this POV. I believe sometimes people use their kids as a scapegoat to avoid being social. Sure, having kids is expensive. Yes, you have to find a sitter. But it's good to do that occasionally, go out, and have a good time with other adults. Single adults love their married friends and want to see them. They will ask them to go out but if the married couple backs out repeatedly because "we can't find/afford a sitter" they will eventually stop asking, just like anyone else.
You missed that "spontaneous" word didn't you? I guess I could have said "last minute" or "spur of the moment".

I didn't say anything which you apparently ascribe to me other than to imply that singles and marrieds now have different priorities.

Singles many times don't like that their married friends have "changed".

Old 10-09-2015, 08:56 PM

151 posts, read 159,490 times
I don't have friends cause I'm a broken human, but I have plenty of time for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships