Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:59 AM

612 posts, read 843,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think your first mistake was not trying to see her in person. Out of sight out of mind. I'm notoriously bad about disappearing from peoples lives for sometimes years. I've never had anyone not be happy to see me when I've come back around. I'm baffled why your friend wouldn't want anything to do with you either and I too would be curious but not to the point where I wouldn't respect the other persons wish for privacy. People come and go, true friends always welcome you back with open arms. I'm with the let it go and move on crowd, at least for now. Life is full of twists and turns. You may find each other again some day in the future when you're both on the same page of the book of life.
As for what's underlined, I had come to think, based on some responses I've received, that perhaps this was perceived to be an ego issue on my front...? I'm glad someone finally understands-- I really don't think I have an issue with my ego or anything here (not saying this isn't a possbility, I of course can't be the judge of that) As for the bolded, I don't think I've violated her wishes here (only sent the proceeding FB msg to ensure I contacted the right person); I wasn't going to contact her again even if everyone here were to somehow encourage me to do so.

With my last couple posts, I have now come to accept what's happened and have gotten the closure/answer(s) I needed. This post is really helpful as well though, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 01:54 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
You still haven't answered the question of where you were for 2 years...but that's ok. I think a lot of us are assuming you were in a place where you didn't have access to outside communication.

She may know where you've been for those two years and that may be the reason why she's telling you wrong number when you call and why she's ignoring you on FB.
From his style of writing I would guess he was in India. Perhaps his H1b expired and he has only now gotten another one.

A longer shot is that their casual friendship MAY have involved more than talking, which could explain some of the confusion.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:58 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Was going to explain my phone got shut off in case she maybe tried contacting me when my phone was off, but never got the chance. And I do ask this question in genuity; I'm not just asking this to hear what I wanna hear
Some friends ditch when the other has financial or, in my case job problems. See Friend Losses After Family and Job Loss - Draft of "Holiday" Greeting to Erstwhile and Current Friends. In that case I had been friendly with the person since 1972 and not just a year. Some people respect "social standing" too much. Another word for those people; snobs.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:56 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Move on OP you are wasting to much energy and thought on something that ended two years ago so close the door and move on and don't reach out to her again.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:00 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Move on OP you are wasting to much energy and thought on something that ended two years ago so close the door and move on and don't reach out to her again.
Wow. Just wow.

Many of the posters on here don't have real life friends, as opposed to acquaintances. As one poster elsewhere described (can't find the post) loss of a friend is like a death in the family with no funeral, no closure. I am sorry; real life friend loss is not the same as being unfriended on Facebook after a high-school spat.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:12 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Wow. Just wow.

Many of the posters on here don't have real life friends, as opposed to acquaintances. As one poster elsewhere described (can't find the post) loss of a friend is like a death in the family with no funeral, no closure. I am sorry; real life friend loss is not the same as being unfriended on Facebook after a high-school spat.
What? Did you read the thread? The OP disappeared from her life without explanation for two years...

Do you really expect her to welcome him back with open arms after that?

Wow.. Just wow.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM

840 posts, read 772,320 times
Another thing to consider is that your calling her or texting her *uninvited* could actually jeopardize not only whatever relalionship she may have, but , even her life. Read this experience, for example:

"Police: Woman fakes death to avoid being killed by boyfriend"
Police: Woman fakes death to avoid being killed by boyfriend

He was mad at her because another male had phoned her.

He threw her down some stairs, stuffed a rag down her throat, and said he was going to kill her. . . .

Respect the woman of your focus.

Accept the fact that she has *not* invited you to contact her.

And . . . don't. From everything you have said, you sound like a stalker.

The perception of a stalker is that they are doing nothing wrong, while they are scaring other people.

Please consider having yourself evaluated, & learn how to deal with the fact that not everyone we like is going to like us back . . . or, even if they have liked us for quite awhile, it doesn't mean that it will become a lifelong friendship. . . .

People change. We all do. And, friendships often don't hold together for various reasons.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 AM

612 posts, read 843,224 times
Gotta be honest here, these claims of being a stalker trouble me. Perhaps I wasn't clear, as far as this particular aspect:

-I send a text to what is was her old phone number. I'm told Wrong number". Like folks have said, two years is some time, people's numbers change, and from what I've heard oftentimes recycled. I'm guessing I should've just assumed that I had the right number, but I had no sure idea of knowing this

- Not knowing for sure whom I texted, I find her on FB and send the same msg I texted that phone number, pretty much how she's been, it's been a while. Wasn't trying to prove a point here or "be persistent" or anything, again, just under the assumption I had the wrong number

-Fully realizing to leave her alone well before I created this thread, I come here to find some understanding (which I did find).

Not seeing how any of this makes me a stalker, I welcome any feedback as to what I'm possibly missing here

Old 08-26-2015, 01:15 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Seriously?
Your phone got cut off for a long spell and you contacted her two years later expecting her to act the same as when you last talked to her?

Really?
If she really meant that much to you, you should have contacted her before that lengthy amount of time had passed. No phone for two years...really? Borrow one. You know where she worked....go by there and see her. If you cannot get there, you have the address or can look it up online and send her a letter/card in the mail.

But to stop cold turkey contact with her or anyone who is a friend for that long and than to get your feathers ruffled when she acts differently to you is completely unreasonable, OP.
^This.

This is the modern world. There is email, there is a local library with internet service. I don't get the stop cold turkey for two years then suddenly contacting her.

There is more to this story...

Old 08-26-2015, 07:24 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Two things:

Maybe you did send that text to the wrong number. Since you didn't hear her voice, how do you know?

As far as Facebook, if you aren't "friends' with her on Facebook, she probably didn't even get your message. If you aren't friends with someone on Facebook and you send them a message, it won't go to their inbox, it will go to "other" which many people don't even realize exists.

There's a very good chance that she has no idea you are trying to get in touch with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships