Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 03:05 PM

221 posts, read 424,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh, yes you did....!
I expected something ONLY after he offered. Do you not understand

If he would never have offered anything after I did those things than I would expect nothing. Do you not understand.

Let say you helped me clean my living room. You might not expect anything from me in return. However if I said thanks cinder for helping clean my living room we got to go get dinner sometime. Then I would expect you to now expect something from me. Make sense?

Old 09-11-2015, 03:16 PM

123 posts, read 120,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post

If he would never have offered anything after I did those things than I would expect nothing. Do you not understand.

Let say you helped me clean my living room. You might not expect anything from me in return. However if I said thanks cinder for helping clean my living room we got to go get dinner sometime. Then I would expect you to now expect something from me. Make sense?

But you didn't offer to buy anyone dinner either. If he simply said y'all should go out to dinner that is a suggestion, not an offer.

If you had said "I would like to take you to dinner" that's different.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMfan View Post
But you didn't offer to buy anyone dinner either. If he simply said y'all should go out to dinner that is a suggestion, not an offer.

Exactly. "We should go to dinner sometime" means exactly (and only) that. It's more like a friendly comment not an invitation/date.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:37 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:

I understand OP - its not me with several threads on the same unrequited crush...!

Old 09-11-2015, 03:41 PM

10 posts, read 7,557 times
Quote:
I unfortunately paid for my own lunch. I was a little suprised but oh well.
Don't assume anything.

If its important say something, otherwise lighten up and let go of those heavy expectations weighing you down.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMfan View Post

He made those suggestions directly after Idid the favors.

For example when he got the Christmas gift from me he said thank you and immedaitely said we should go get dinner sometime.

ITS THE FACT OF WHEN HE MADE THESE SUGGESTIONS.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:46 PM

123 posts, read 120,790 times
Just because you interpreted it as an "offer" doesn't mean it was one. I don't think anyone else is interpreting it that way.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:49 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,758,510 times
Let's get dinner sometime is not an invitation. It's about as casual and noncommittal as words can get. He meant nothing by it. He certainly did not mean he was going to take you out and pay for a meal. Why can't you understand that ?

Old 09-11-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Let's get dinner sometime is not an invitation. It's about as casual and noncommittal as words can get. He meant nothing by it. He certainly did not mean he was going to take you out and pay for a meal. Why can't you understand that ?
So why did he say that immediately afterheoffere the Christmas gift from me.

When Ihelped out at the restaurant, immediately after he said lets get dinner sometime.

He never goes around just saying that stuff to me except on those rare occasions. Other than those times he never made such statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships