Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:28 PM

887 posts, read 1,214,621 times

Advertisements

Every time a topic like this comes up I am reminded of a cartoon I saw once years ago. Guy at nudist resort asking if he can peek under this girls bandaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 08:49 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
If it is the Paradise Lakes on Dale Mabry just south of 54, it doesn't look very upscale to me. I have friends who live near there.
No, Paradise Lakes in Lutz, north of Tampa. Lots of nice resorts up there. I would post a link to their website, but too many nekkid people in pictures to post on here. But you can google it. Here is some of what they say in their site:

"
Paradise Lakes Resort, located on more than 72 acres in nudist friendly Pasco County, is a private, clothing optional hotel and resort just north of Tampa, Florida. Here, you are welcome to be yourself in a tropical, fun filled setting. If you are new to the world of clothing free or clothing optional way of life, you will find our policy of “take off as much as you are comfortable with” to make the initial visits stress free
We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa, a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, two RV parks, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool."

Don

Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 PM

I have kind of a funny story about being a nudist. For years, I knew a husband and wife who were friends, but I never knew they were nudists until one day when it slipped out, and we were all shocked to find out we all enjoyed the same thing.

Anyway, he was telling me a story about when they actually lived at Paradise Lakes full time, right in the resort. When you are nude for a while you tend to get so comfortable you actually forget you have no clothes on. One day he needed a pack of cigarettes and jumped into his Jeep and drove to the local 7-11 down the road. When he pulled up to the store he suddenly realized he was still naked ! He quickly drove back home, put some clothes on, and drove back to the store.

That is how relaxing and natural it is.

Don

Old 09-27-2015, 09:21 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, Paradise Lakes in Lutz, north of Tampa. Lots of nice resorts up there. I would post a link to their website, but too many nekkid people in pictures to post on here. But you can google it. Here is some of what they say in their site:

"
Paradise Lakes Resort, located on more than 72 acres in nudist friendly Pasco County, is a private, clothing optional hotel and resort just north of Tampa, Florida. Here, you are welcome to be yourself in a tropical, fun filled setting. If you are new to the world of clothing free or clothing optional way of life, you will find our policy of “take off as much as you are comfortable with†to make the initial visits stress free
We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa, a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, two RV parks, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool."

Don
Yup, we are talking about the same one. Every time I drive by I get the feeling it isn't that upscale. Never been in it. I'm surprised it covers 72 acres... doesn't seem that big.

They finally painted the sign in this image... after at least 3 years of being faded. Hence my comment about how upscale is it... one would imagine that the inside is not kept any better.

Have you ever been to a nudist beach or party?-paradiselake.jpg

Old 09-27-2015, 09:30 PM

It is rather nondescript on the outside, but they want it to blend in and not stand out too much, I imagine. But once you enter the gate it is totally different. Very well maintained, lots of pools , spas, and even a lake. The rooms are nice, and the visitors are not poor (it isn't cheap to visit or stay there). Most of the people I have met there were comfortable financially and many were from other countries.

Another nice one is Cypress Cove in Kissimee, Florida. I actually like it much better.

Don

Old 09-28-2015, 01:39 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,914,548 times
Yes, lots of times. When I was young, I took off my clothes. Now that I'm in my sixties, I don't, and the only nude beach I go to often is Black's in San Diego which is a mix of nude and clothed.

Sex? Just with my girlfriend. I don't advise it these days; the laws have changed.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:17 AM

287 posts, read 326,873 times
I have family in the Netherlands and while growing up we went to visit them about every summer. We usually headed to the beach at least once each trip and most everyone on the beach was nude or partially nude. My older sister always wore a swimsuit and my mother was topless. My brother, father and I were always nude. The first year we went I was five, the last year we went I was eighteen.

I never thought much of it- it was just what everyone did and was no big deal. If anything it made me feel more comfortable with my body. When I was a teen my friends all freaked when they found out that I grew up going to nude beaches and that I had actually seen "real live naked women." They wanted to hear every detail and all I would ever say was "Yeah. There were naked people. So what?"

I've been to nude beaches in Hawaii, California, Florida and Ontario since. Michigan does not allow public nude beaches- and what gets me is on the West side of the state I hear people saying it's the fault of all the tight-a$$ed conservative Dutchmen! HA!

Old 09-28-2015, 04:49 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,424,247 times
Done the whole lot myself - including at home in the summer when I have clothing optional house parties around the hottest periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
The sad part was that a lot of the nude people shouldn't have been. We saw way too many 2-300 + pounders in all their glory.
Not sure what this has got to do with the "shouldn't have been" comment though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
But it made me very uncomfortable that these kids were exposed (and exposing) to older people.
Not seeing the issue here either to be honest.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:51 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,482,840 times
I/we have been to a nudist colony in FL, and liked it so much we stayed longer {the fact that an ice storm across the Georgia/Carolinas helped to make the decision to stay easy}.

The first thing was: I had NO PROBLEM disrobing in the condo we rented, BUT, when it came to actually going out the door, I was timid and thought "can I do this"?--not as in will I- but as in "can I legally run around nude?" I got over it pretty quick! We WERE behind the walls, after all. I immediately out of the door met a lovely lady riding a bicycle topless, and she gave me a wonderful welcome greeting.

Here are some things to remember/think of:
~everyone is going to "see", but not everyone is going to "look".
~everyone who "looks" is not "seeing".
~Those who do Look and see won't judge so much...theirs is showing too.
~YOu WILL {should} get over the fact that all is hanging out.
~YOu will {should} get over "body image" problems, they come in all types, sizes. kinds form fat and lumpy to skinny and boney to flabby skin from age. They have, you will too.

~you will {should} get over the fact that "yours" is showing.
~you will {should } get over the fact that "yours" is {put delicately for moderators}: to big, to small, lumpy, long, short, fat, skinny, less, or more. THEY ALL {well SOME} come "that way"too !!!

~you will {should} get over being "shy"...removal of one's clothing does that for one....
~WHATEVER you thought of people WITH their clothes on, doesn't exactly change with the clothes off.
~No matter what you are ashamed of, someone else is ashamed of something else...
~lastly, if you give a speech, You WON'T have to "picture them naked", they will ALL BE THAT already!

We enjoy a colony any time we can now.

So, enjoy, and give yourself a break from clothes! They are sooooo restricting!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:18 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don
Seems kind of pointless at a nudist resort, wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships