Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:50 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,258,522 times

Advertisements

Tried the fan which does work but when they start blasting music it becomes a waste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:08 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post

I thought by going to England, I was getting myself away from all the boredom but really it's just the same as being at home; very boring.
It is you then. Life is not boring, it is the choices you are making. Just think about that.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,707 times
Why did you go to a university that so far away then if you have trouble adjusting to being alone? College/going to a university is a time for exploring new ideas and learning about yourself- which you can't do by sitting in your dorm room wishing people would take a liking to you. You need to extend yourself. Are people really avoiding you or are you projecting your own feelings onto them? Yes, some people won't like you but others might be willing to give you a chance.

Why are you late for class? Don't blame it on the parties downstairs- you need too find a way to get enough sleep so that you can get to class on time. You need to be pro active about finding solutions to your problems. Some of the students seem to know each other and are already friendly?- Look for the other students, the ones who seem not to have that many friends. Try to draw them out by talking about the classes that you take, the university campus, how they are adjusting to living away from family etc....you know, all the things that you have to do to get to know someone.

You won't always be able to live with your parents or choose the safe route. It is scary to put yourself out there and face possible rejection. Only you can decide if it is worth it. You can be alone and not be lonely or you can be alone in a crowd of people. Perhaps you need to talk to a counselor to help you make some adjustments to your new situation.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:35 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,334 times
I know two people (a woman and a guy) each of which was widowed in their forties, both with kids grown up and out of the house, and both of them (quite characteristically) "voluntarily" stayed at work til like 7 PM every day. They were like always the "last ones out the door." They always had something to do at work after 5. (my "quitting time" was variable - I couldn't leave until my work was done even if it was 10 o'clock so I observed this). Both of these people were informed, at work, by phone in the afternoon, that their spouse had died suddenly.

I think there is something about the time of day that promotes these feelings of lonliness, and for some it was some disastrous event. In your case, in the morning you're concerned with the work day that lies ahead. But after work? Now what?

So, find something to do at quitting time, or something to look forward to after work - even later on. Happy hour at a suitable bar, invite friends over for the evening, join a bowling league - really anything (it doesn't have to be every day) will quickly eliminate those "empty feelings." I bet you don't feel like it, but try it. Push yourself. Try a lot of things. You'll eventually realize that the world still goes on even though work is over.

I'm not a sociable person outside of work, but late afternoons are always depressing to me. Why? I don't know. I go to the beer garden or off to some social event in late afternoons when I just don't feel like sitting at home talking to myself.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:13 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,814,738 times
The OP is the most boring, miserable teenager on the planet. Whining he's missing mummy and daddy. Whining about those naughty students partying and having fun. Whining that Norwich is just as boring as Northern Ireland.

Clearly, the problem is the OP. He needs to call mummy and tell her to post his balls to him asap. Then he needs to stick them back in his pants, get out, grow up and enjoy life.

You only get one. Posting 800 times a day on here is no way to enjoy it. This is after him having previous accounts racking up well over 40,000 posts in a similarly short amount of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships