Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 03:36 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,260,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
It feels like some friends just lie or disown you ...... EDITING TO POINT OUT WHAT YOU SAID THAT I LIKE.... life goes on,
NOT a friend. Not the kind of friend that you want him to be. Sing with me! Let it goooo! Let it.... isn't anyone else gonna sing?

Old 10-08-2015, 05:28 PM

6,420 posts, read 7,639,289 times
I can't say about the gay or not thing, however, I know that professionals need to leave their emotions at home as relationships at work never end well.

The people you work with are not your friends...just a life lesson regardless of what you do between the sheets.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:32 PM

7,986 posts, read 5,360,344 times
Quote:
What makes it fine being nice that day and then ignore afterwards? So work friends cannot be real friends wow... How do people make real friends then?!
I have people at work that I am friendly to, even share private information with, however they are strictly work friends, we don't see each other out of work. For me I need a separation of work and home.

He also shared a lot of information with you. Often people get comfortable with someone, spill all their beans, then have regrets for doing so. He obviously felt comfortable doing that at "work" in a controlled situation.

Then there is the gay radar you are letting off...

I am sure you are hurt, you can't change the situation, you can just change how you react to it.

Sounds like you just need to move on...

Old 10-08-2015, 05:47 PM

8,247 posts, read 8,599,140 times
Quote:
He's the one who said we could still go out, join him with his buddies, text/call him anytime, etc. when he left same day. I guess he enjoyed my friendship and stuff at work but don't want me to hang out with him outside of work for some reason, unsure why.
Why would he want you around his friends?

You do realize all of your coworkers know you're gay since you carried on when he left.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:01 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,598,825 times
Loner-

Quit beating around the bush and just ask your friend straight up, if he doesn't want to hang out with you any more. Either way, you will get an answer. If he does not respond to the question, Cut him loose.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:03 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,598,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I have people at work that I am friendly to, even share private information with, however they are strictly work friends, we don't see each other out of work. For me I need a separation of work and home.

He also shared a lot of information with you. Often people get comfortable with someone, spill all their beans, then have regrets for doing so. He obviously felt comfortable doing that at "work" in a controlled situation.

Then there is the gay radar you are letting off...

I am sure you are hurt, you can't change the situation, you can just change how you react to it.

Sounds like you just need to move on...
Or, Invite him to a strip club. Cant think of a more non-gay get together.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
You quoted my post to the OP telling him that he's not straight with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This is a new alias for you but the same old song and dance. You are too girly for any normal straight man. The End.
New alias? What are you talking about? Suggest you look at join date and how many posts I've made. Are you talking to me, or someone else? Because this is NOT a new alias.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:06 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,566,864 times
Are you asking for dating advise? This all sounds like you're trying to date the guy and he's not interested.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:27 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,358,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
New alias? What are you talking about? Suggest you look at join date and how many posts I've made. Are you talking to me, or someone else? Because this is NOT a new alias.
Not you, the OP.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 PM

358 posts, read 282,432 times
Thanks for the feedback and advice. I will text him one more time next week, if he still ignores me I'm done with him and will leave him alone. Yes, I had crush on him but I'm still straight or bi and will only date and marry girls. I may have made him uncomfortable in the beginning but he got to know me and knows I'm straight. I just wanted to be his good friend and hang out with him occasionally just like his other friends, and I was going to invite him to my events as well. I'm very nice dude and he knows it, I did so many nice things for him, supported him and comforted him at work when he had issues and when he used to complain about work. We both had great time with each other, laughed, spoke private things, etc. but I guess he's over it or maybe a hypocrite who doesn't appreciate things. I know many people who ignores you after doing so many good things. You can tell who is good friend and who is not. Btw I was fortunate enough making some new friends the past few weeks so I'm hanging out with them instead. I'm always open to hang out with everyone, and whoever hangs out with me have fun and love the way I talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.