Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 12:22 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
The issue is with the people, not the dog. Put up at least a 5' fence with a locking gate. Or move.
Disagree. If the dog is gone, most of the problems is solved. Yes, the neighbors are a problem with or without the dog & I would still want to move with neighbors like this - but, the dog is definitely much of the problem.

I'm sick & tired of people making excuses for dogs. Sure, they don't know what they're doing (maybe), but there are many vicious dogs out there that have maimed & killed people over the years.

I like some dogs (primarily the smaller ones) but the bigger ones can be dangerous. Years ago, before dogs became "domesticated", they would roam around in packs & attack people. And, it's still happening to some extent:

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/loc...-for-more-help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 12:34 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
If the son is a felon, and the girlfriend has a record, are they on probation or parole? If so, see if you can figure out who their probation/parole officers are and what their conditions parole are. If you suspect their violating their terms of parole, report them. If it's a big enough violation, they'll go back to prison.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:42 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
I see one problem with the fencing, especially if they are a lakefront home -- it would be hard to take the fence all the way down to the waterline, unless the OP actually brought the fence all around their home, which then interferes with their enjoyment of the lake. The fence would tend to spoil the view.

I have a cousin who lives on a farm, where the next-door neighbors have two large dogs that come to romp over their property digging in their garden, terrorizing their own small dog who stays on their porch and snapping at their grandchildren. Cousin has spoke to them repeatedly, but they are irresponsible dog owners who just shrug and say, "dogs will be dogs". Animal control has basically said that they won't do anything until the dog(s) bite. So my cousin brought out her gun one late afternoon. The dogs came wandering over one day, and my cousin shot towards them. The dogs' owner came flying out screaming, "DON'T SHOOT MY DOGS, YOU B***H!" My cousin told him, "If I had wanted to shoot your dogs, they'd be dead. Want to me shoot again?"

No problem with the dogs after that. She would never have shot them -- she's far too softhearted and loves dogs. But she is an expert marksman who has won national shooting competitions -- she knew exactly where she was aiming. :-)

Old 10-18-2015, 07:37 AM

806 posts, read 877,089 times
I love dogs , but I will not allow my neighbor's animals to make me miserable or cost me money . If THEY choose to not be responsible pet owners then I will do whatever is needed to be at peace on my own property . If that means that Fido takes a long ride in the country and finds another place to live , then so be it . I've relocated 3 neighborhood cats and never lost one second of sleep over it . Ya'll can save the lectures and insults , it's a waste of time . I will not hesitate to do it again when needed .

Old 10-18-2015, 08:15 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
I love dogs , but I will not allow my neighbor's animals to make me miserable or cost me money . If THEY choose to not be responsible pet owners then I will do whatever is needed to be at peace on my own property . If that means that Fido takes a long ride in the country and finds another place to live , then so be it . I've relocated 3 neighborhood cats and never lost one second of sleep over it . Ya'll can save the lectures and insults , it's a waste of time . I will not hesitate to do it again when needed .
It's theft of pets and is punishable with a fine.

Killing someone's pet is a 3rd degree felony in some places.

And honestly, it sounds like an unnecessary risk. Kidnap the wrong person's kitty cat and you may become a target of some violent retribution. How is that worth it?

Anyway, how can a cat make you miserable? By killing mice in your yard?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:36 AM

503 posts, read 772,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post

And honestly, it sounds like an unnecessary risk. Kidnap the wrong person's kitty cat and you may become a target of some violent retribution. How is that worth it?

Pooping in the yard and kids step in it. Track it everywhere. Peeing in flower beds - awful smell when its hot and humid. Having LOUD "relations" outside my bedroom window at 3 a.m.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:31 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
I have a cousin who lives on a farm, where the next-door neighbors have two large dogs that come to romp over their property.... So my cousin brought out her gun one late afternoon. The dogs came wandering over one day, and my cousin shot towards them. The dogs' owner came flying out screaming, "DON'T SHOOT MY DOGS, YOU B***H!" My cousin told him, "If I had wanted to shoot your dogs, they'd be dead. Want to me shoot again?"

No problem with the dogs after that. She would never have shot them -- she's far too softhearted and loves dogs. But she is an expert marksman who has won national shooting competitions -- she knew exactly where she was aiming. :-)
I like your cousin.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post

Theft of a stray cat is what I call it , and I really don't care . It's all done under the cover of darkness and the owners have no clue . Using my flower beds for a litterbox earns them a one way trip out in the country . I don't kill them .

Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Pooping in the yard and kids step in it. Track it everywhere. Peeing in flower beds - awful smell when its hot and humid. Having LOUD "relations" outside my bedroom window at 3 a.m.
You "get it" .

Old 10-19-2015, 08:18 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Theft of a stray cat is what I call it , and I really don't care . It's all done under the cover of darkness and the owners have no clue . Using my flower beds for a litterbox earns them a one way trip out in the country . I don't kill them .
"under the cover of darkness" -- LOL!

Of course the owners have no clue because you don't have the guts or decency to go over there and just ask them to keep the animal out of your yard. If you did, then of course they'd know who took their pet. Just silently "disappear" the animal in the middle of the night. What a piece of work.

There's ways to keep cats and other animals out of gardens without having to destroy them. Good lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships