Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 07:16 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,239,885 times

Advertisements

What is the issue? WHY can they not just say excuse me? I've just about had enough of it!

I rarely barge into people or push through a crowd without saying 'sorry, excuse me', I am not a saint but I DO have manners in public. I am so, so tired of people just pushing their way through me or jumping in front of me in a queue.

I really cannot understand why people can't just say excuse me? It's really not that hard to say.. I would gladly let them through!

From now on, I upfront refuse to let someone through who tries to push through me! I don't have the tolerance for it anymore, if they are going to treat me like crap I am going to do the same to them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 07:38 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,519,777 times
Don't snap over this SickandTired. It will only bring you more grief.
It's a different culture, and since the late 70's and 80's, it just seems to me parents don't teach their children the same manners we were taught. You can't blame these new adults. They just don't know better, imho.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:49 AM

Yes, it IS nearly always mostly late teens/early 20 something's who are doing this! It is the sense of entitlement that makes me angry more than anything else!

Old 10-13-2015, 08:17 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,519,777 times
We always use manners, and in almost all cases, it always gets a good reply and/or smile in return. I guess it's been left up to us older folks to still use our manners, to help the younger ones who weren't brought up properly; to even know what manners are.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,074,962 times
It's really no worse than the people who think "excuse me" entitles them to selfishly push on through.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:43 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,681,289 times
People lack manners at all ages. I've seen young people push past without saying excuse me, but more often than not its older folks in the 30-60 year range. At first I assumed this age group felt that as my senior they didn't have to utter these magic words, however now that I'm well into my 30's I realize it's just a self centered mentality.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 AM

3,422 posts, read 3,317,080 times
Sorry, but I was raised to say "Excuse me", "Pardon me", and "Thank you" to people. Seems that manners have taken a turn of late.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:06 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,028,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Sorry, but I was raised to say "Excuse me", "Pardon me", and "Thank you" to people. Seems that manners have taken a turn of late.
Me too. I take it these were people at your Uni OP? It's a shame you are still not having a good time there.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's really no worse than the people who think "excuse me" entitles them to selfishly push on through.
Well it's better than just forcing yourself through the line like it's nobodies business.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,376,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
What is the issue? WHY can they not just say excuse me? I've just about had enough of it!

I rarely barge into people or push through a crowd without saying 'sorry, excuse me', I am not a saint but I DO have manners in public. I am so, so tired of people just pushing their way through me or jumping in front of me in a queue.

I really cannot understand why people can't just say excuse me? It's really not that hard to say.. I would gladly let them through!

From now on, I upfront refuse to let someone through who tries to push through me! I don't have the tolerance for it anymore, if they are going to treat me like crap I am going to do the same to them!
Where do you live where people think it is ok to "barge into people"? Or that doing so and then saying "excuse me" means you have manners?

I say "excuse me" when I sneeze, or if I walk past seated people at a theater, or walk past slower browsing people at the grocery store.

I suppose if you were at a bar, or concert or something, you could have a valid reason to "push through a crowd", and then "excuse me" would be in order, but otherwise, I don't push through a crowd in the first place.

Your post sounds like you'll be just walking down the street or standing in line and people basically run you over. That would be totally unacceptable behavior in my area, with or without an "excuse me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships